Old Yank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kvasir

Regular
Good day!

From just a quick scan of the welcome posts it looks like there are quite a few old guys here, which is good being a old guy myself. Any Yanks?

The reason I ask is that I live in a small town north of the capitol of Wisconsin. That said, I spent some time this summer in the UK and have to say i’m jealous of all the wonderful, scenic and beautiful roads and trails Brits have to ride. You have to be very careful here given how fast everyone drives.

Anyway, I’m a newbie to this forum, been riding road bikes for 30+ years and just bought a new Trek Domane SL7. Unfortunately, it sits in my "man cave" as I wait for the snow to melt and for the temps to rise so I can get out and have some fun.

Cheers,

Kvasir

colly

Re member eR
:welcome:

Nice you have you along!

Mosey on over to the Cafe, someone will buy you a drink. Tea of course.

ozboz

Guru
Hello ,
Wisconsin...........what is the big sport there ,ie, NFL, Ice Hockey,Baseball etc ,
I quite like to watch US sports, my youngest Son is a big NFL fan,
My Girlfriend has just bought a Trek Doumane, she loves riding it, one of my bikes is a US made Surley , bit like a Sherman Tank , goes anywhere ! btw, I’m an Old Guy , or Old Fellah as most call me over here , and yes there is a few of us on CC , enjoy the forum Mate ,

OP
OP
Kvasir

Kvasir

Regular
Hello ,
Wisconsin...........what is the big sport there ,ie, NFL, Ice Hockey,Baseball etc ,
I quite like to watch US sports, my youngest Son is a big NFL fan,
My Girlfriend has just bought a Trek Doumane, she loves riding it, one of my bikes is a US made Surley , bit like a Sherman Tank , goes anywhere ! btw, I’m an Old Guy , or Old Fellah as most call me over here , and yes there is a few of us on CC , enjoy the forum Mate ,

I had to gasp at your question and then realized you don’t play proper football in the UK. The big sport is Wisconsin is the Green Bay Packers, an NFL team, followed by anything Badgers, which is the University of Wisconsin. That could be proper football, basketball or hockey.

Now that I’ve stirred up the pot a bit with my comment about football, we will have to see how welcome I am! ;-)

Looking forward to being a part of the forum. So far, it seems like an interesting a fun group.

Cheers!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I had to gasp at your question and then realized you don’t play proper football in the UK. The big sport is Wisconsin is the Green Bay Packers, an NFL team, followed by anything Badgers, which is the University of Wisconsin. That could be proper football, basketball or hockey.

Now that I’ve stirred up the pot a bit with my comment about football, we will have to see how welcome I am! ;-)

Looking forward to being a part of the forum. So far, it seems like an interesting a fun group.

Cheers!!
You mean Americans play rugby but need pads in case they get hurt :smile:

Top Bottom