Older cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Thank you all. :smile:

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Well done pawl! I was going to wait until I was 75 before I got an e-bike but gave in and got one a year early. I am about to ride the ordinary pedal bike to the allotment and back though, just to make sure I can still do it. :smile:

richardfm

Veteran
I'm 58, I cycle a minimum of 30 miles a week and run few km as well. I feel old much of the time, but when I make the youngsters at work come up the stairs with me instead of using the lift I feel young at the top when I am fine and they are knackered

ianbarton

Veteran
I'm 58, I cycle a minimum of 30 miles a week and run few km as well. I feel old much of the time, but when I make the youngsters at work come up the stairs with me instead of using the lift I feel young at the top when I am fine and they are knackered
Good for you. I always take the stairs unless I am carrying something heavy. In any case, it's often quicker than the lifts.

Waterwheel

Regular
I think that I am one of the oldest people on here as I am nearly 53 and have been cycling on and off for over 47 years. I can remember the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s when bicycle tyres would wear out within a matter of weeks! And those tyres were extremely puncture prone as well. I think it wasn't until the mid 1990s that reliable puncture resistant bike tyres became available.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I think that I am one of the oldest people on here as I am nearly 53 and have been cycling on and off for over 47 years. I can remember the bad old days of the 1970s and 1980s when bicycle tyres would wear out within a matter of weeks! And those tyres were extremely puncture prone as well. I think it wasn't until the mid 1990s that reliable puncture resistant bike tyres became available.

You’re nowhere near close to being the oldest on here, you’ve probably bought the average age down a bit.

Top Bottom