Oldie Newbie - 1st question already!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by MarcBC, 21 Jun 2008.

1. MarcBC

MarcBC New Member

Hello!

Many years ago I was a member of the Clarence Wheelers cycling club in West London; time trialing and track racing (I was lucky enough to be there at the same time as Tony Doyle). Due to advancing age and weight I have now returned to the cycling world to seek that which was lost - health and fitness.

I have just picked up a Scott Scale 20 MTB which is where the problem lies. The saddle is like sitting on a spare rib!

Any ideas as to a good fast, but comfortable saddle that would be better until my buns bed in?

I want something light, not a Brooks type thing please.

2. RedBike

RedBike New Member

There's just so many to choice from. It all depends on what takes your fancy.

For what it's worth I like the charge spoon on my MTB
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360029531&N=Charge Spoon Ti Saddle

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

4. OP
    OP
    MarcBC

MarcBC New Member

Thanks guys. As soon as I posted this I figured it was a pretty vague question.

My LBS is Evans, there are just too many saddles to choose from. I do not think Evans do a sale or return.;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice