Olivia Colman - Best Actress Oscar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Hard going like, but an incredible film. I'd recommend Considine's other effort, Journeyman too. Sadly Olivia Colman isn't in it, but Jodie Whittaker is and she's also excellent.

Dead Man's Shoes is another one of my favourites, again the subject matter isn't very agreeable but Paddy Considine is mesmerising!.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Hard going like, but an incredible film. I'd recommend Considine's other effort, Journeyman too. Sadly Olivia Colman isn't in it, but Jodie Whittaker is and she's also excellent.

Slightly OT now but Consadine ia outstanding in Dead Men's Shoes, a great albeit not perfect dilm, but he is awsome - and the most understated menacing performance in any film I've ever seen

edit - in a flurry of mutual admiration Keith M has made a near identical point - so it must be true !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I realise this is going very much against the flow here, but really?

I'm not saying she isn't competent at what she does, but Olivia Colman is the new Julie Walters* playing the same character in every role she takes, just turning it up or down a notch or two.

* - another "National Treasure", but not in our house.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

I'm not saying she isn't competent at what she does, but Olivia Colman is the new Julie Walters* playing the same character in every role she takes, just turning it up or down a notch or two.

Mmm, I think that it utterly wrong on every level

. Her character in 2012 (a brilliant performance by the way) is totally different to her Oscar winning (and again brilliant) performance in the favourite, again utterly different from her funny albeit minor role in Hot Fuzz.

I

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't think it was that big, in fairness.

I've seen the film. It was a fair size.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Slightly OT now but Consadine ia outstanding in Dead Men's Shoes, a great albeit not perfect dilm, but he is awsome - and the most understated menacing performance in any film I've ever seen

edit - in a flurry of mutual admiration Keith M has made a near identical point - so it must be true !
Interesting. I wrote this a couple of years ago.

Dead Man's Shoes.

Truly awful cliched mess of a film. Paddy Considine was about as convincing as as Noddy playing Brick Top, and the rest of the cast were people playing at thugs like they thought actors should play at thugs. The script was risible, and it looked like it was made for sixpence. The only good performance was Toby Kebble, who is a revelation, superb performance by him, I didn't realise that I've seen him in other things... a great film actor.

1/10 don't waste the 90 minutes.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.

I can't agree with you there, The character she played in the TV version of Les Miserables was vastly different from her other roles. She was very good in The Rev, and really came to prominence in Broadchurch. This is just a minute selection of her work.

Top Bottom