Olympia Cycle Show 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lefire

Have any of you been to the cycle show before (I'm sure a lot of you have).
Is it any good ?

I don't want a new bike but thought it might be good to see all the other goodies I can spend my cash on. (well, actually I always want a new bike)

I've seen a flyer for the show in October but wondered if it was worth the drive. (I would cycle there but a bit of a trek)

Melvil

Lefire said:
Have any of you been to the cycle show before (I'm sure a lot of you have).
Is it any good ?

I don't want a new bike but thought it might be good to see all the other goodies I can spend my cash on. (well, actually I always want a new bike)

I've seen a flyer for the show in October but wondered if it was worth the drive. (I would cycle there but a bit of a trek)

Surely you're not besmirching the name of that good company? :blush:

This show was at London ExCel last year (I was doing another exhibition there at the same time :blush: ) and, I actually found the whole thing very dull. The shopping zone was expensive - for me anyway, and the general interest stuff and demonstrations were just ok.
Maybe I was having an off day- I definitely wanted to go and see it...:ohmy:

chris42

I went to the show a couple of years ago.
Was quite good but you were not able to buy anything there!
Some companies took orders and were contacting you later.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i'm going because i'm saving up for a new bike and i want to know how much i need to save to get what i want. can't wait to see all the new bikes.

wafflycat

The buying rules were relaxed last year. There was a Rapha 'shop' plus some other stands had stuff you could buy. But the main aim of the show is a cycling showcase rather than a 'buy it now' show.

Keith Oates

Janner
Not being able to buy at the show may be a mixed blessing as you will at least have to move away from the glitter and have a time to think sensibly about the purchase you want to make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walker

Last year was my first time at this event, and although it was good it was also a little boring it some place's. I think I got there to early as well (about 10.30am) and there was no buzz from the masses. It's worth popping along at least once just so you can see what else the cycle world has to offer that you don't get to see on the road or in the shops

Top Bottom