Olympic BMX - marginal gains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buddfox

Veteran
I don't know, I found the whole thing a bit ridiculous. At one point it seemed that the qualifying standard for reaching the semi-finals would be simply to avoid being taken to hospital. When you've got the best in the world being taken out by other riders, you lose a certain amount of the spectacle.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't get that vibe from Sir Chris in the BMX though. He seemed as clueless as I was, as to why some riders were faster than others.
And then on the semi-finals coverage, it's mentioned that he started off in BMX, although that was Some Time Ago.

The BBC is reading this! Hide! :ph34r:

Good semi-finals so far, although a couple of riders seem to be trying to prove that they don't need wind to crash messily. :sad:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
And then on the semi-finals coverage, it's mentioned that he started off in BMX, although that was Some Time Ago.

The BBC is reading this! Hide! :ph34r:

Good semi-finals so far, although a couple of riders seem to be trying to prove that they don't need wind to crash messily. :sad:
I thought it was the finals? Or at least that's what iPlayer is telling me. :scratch:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Well, the strongest riders seem to win as far as I could tell. What happened to the American man who was initially reported as on the same time as the bronze medallist? Did they have a photo finish camera after all?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, the strongest riders seem to win as far as I could tell. What happened to the American man who was initially reported as on the same time as the bronze medallist? Did they have a photo finish camera after all?
They did have a camera and it showed that the US rider was a tyre width behind the Colombian, who was therefore awarded the Bronze medal.

Top Bottom