Olympic mens TT **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tony Martin thinks Wiggins is nailed on or at least he's saying that to deflect the pressure. He did take a breather in the RR though while Froomedog and Wiggo worked their pelotas off.
Fab C is battered and bruised but unbroken and he was going well.
There are obviously other decent TTers in the field but it's hard to see past those 4.
Waddya think?
I guess my money would be on Brad but it wouldn't surprise me at all if TM or FC took the honours.

thom

____
I reckon on Brad and possibly Froome for silver or bronze. If FC were to get Gold it would be utterly enormous given his fall and Brad's form.
TM's form is a bit unknown given he was blighted by punctures in his tour efforts and his injury there won't have helped his preparation.
But Bradley I think has been recovering well from tough efforts during the tour and I think he'll really want to add to his track record of Olympic track records...

iLB

Hello there
I think Fabs and Tony Martin will raise their game so it should be exciting to watch.

Wiggins opting for secret squirrel frame and new track pursuit helmet, not the stubby sky variant. Froome using the same lid but was doing recon on his Graal.
AzIIVCPCQAAb8hH.jpg:large

raindog

er.....
I would think Brad will get it, but if he's really knackered after saturday.......
I'm glad Fab's back in, even if he might not be 100% - great rider.

What's the course like, and what distance?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's 44km and I've read that it has 125 metres of ascent - if true, that's insane, almost impossibly flat, even by London standards. You could get more ascent than that doing laps of Romney Marsh.

Wiggins is obviously the man in form but that course should suit Tony Martin. I'm not ruling out Tejay Van Garderen for a medal either.

d.

raindog

er.....
44 ks? That'll be a flyer

That link goes to something else Smutchin

PpPete

Legendary Member
Wiggins opting for secret squirrel frame and new track pursuit helmet, not the stubby sky variant. Froome using the same lid but was doing recon on his Graal.
If anyone keeps his head still enough to make the "pointy hat" work for him, it's Wiggins.

Van Garderen, Sanchez, especially Sanchez as outside bets. A few others might be in the mix for medals as well, Bak, Boom, Rogers Hesjedal but as Rich says, hard to see past Martin, Wiggins, Froome and Cancellara.

Martin is an unknown formwise and I don't know if fatigue will play any part, I suspect not, though Froome looked cooked in the road race.

Wiggins's to lose, I reckon that's true but Martin could be close.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm so glad Cancellera is on the starting list.

I think FC will do it. Or Tony Martin. Yes I know that Cancellera crashed and hasn't had red hot form of late (going back quite a way actually), but it's Cancellera we're talking about here. He was in the breakaway before crashing and seemed really up it and was very upset afterwards. Not that I don't think Wiggins hasn't got a good chance he's in red hot form and his two main competitors have had unlucky years. Wiggins has put in a lot of hard work so it would be well deserved, but I just have the feeling he'll get silver (like the worlds last year).

For 3rd if spartacus and/or Martin has a bad one I could see Sanchez, Froome or van Gaarderen getting it but they had inconsistent tour TTs and/or look knackered by the end of the tour/road race.

Top Bottom