Olympic Road Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
The Spanish team looks a bit special with the riders they have included, It could well be a Valverde win but Schumacher and Bettini will be pushing hard as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rustychisel

one word - Bettini

mondobongo

Über Member
Spain look strong on paper but I have Davide Rebellin buzzing about in my head in the same way Sastre was in May/June. So he will be my pick.

BIGSESAL

I would say that a climber MUST win as the air quality is apparently so poor in China that the rider will have to have a fairly large lung capacity to do anything.

Losidan

How do teams ride tactically in the olympics?...I assume it isnt like a normal road race where there is a designated team leader and all the other team members ride for him.

mondobongo

Über Member
Early start for those of us in the UK on Saturday with coverage of the Mens Road Race starting at 7.15am on Eurosport.

Keith you have probably got it at a more sensible time given you are out there.

Skip Madness

Well having had a look at both start lists I am opting for Franco Pellizotti to take the gold in the men's race (I think the course may be a bit much for Bettini or Rebellin) ahead of Andy Schleck with José Serpa getting a surprise third.

In the women's race I think Noemi Cantele will take it ahead of Tatiana Stiajkina and Judith Arndt.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
mondobongo said:
Early start for those of us in the UK on Saturday with coverage of the Mens Road Race starting at 7.15am on Eurosport.

Keith you have probably got it at a more sensible time given you are out there.

Yes it's 1345 out here now and I'm watching but only via Cyclingnews which is good but I was hoping for some TV as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom