Olympic Road Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Thanks Dayvo, however the interent connection out here is so slow I can't even open the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yello

Beklager, klippet du søker er ikke tilgjengelig

Kanskje har du skrevet feil i adressefeltet eller dette kan ha hvert en avsluttet livesending

mondobongo

Über Member
Roger Hammond got off quite early, Jonathan Bellis was involved in an early breakaway, heard no mention of Swift or Cummings.

Sad to say all 4 were DNF.

yello

Looked bleddy warm out there! The 'chasing group' even appeared to have a drinks break in one of the tunnels! And did anyone see the road side shower!

Fabulous gut busting effort from Cancellara to get up to the leaders with around 6km to go; a well deserved medal for him, even if only bronze. Andy Schlek looked p*ssed off, worked so damned hard to dip out.

So, another victory for a Spaniard.... I wonder what's in their drink bottles ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Agreed, Cancellara's effort was a great one, shame for Andy Schleck though. Is anyone else thinking that he's going to be top dog in a season or two though?

I've only seen the report via Bike Radar. Contained the words 'Evans' and 'attacks' so I assumed it was a work of fiction. ;)

Sanchez did pretty well in the TdF didn't he? Especially on the climbs iirc.

Keith - I thought that the track cycling was clean. Not so sure about the road race though, given the different set of protagonists...

John the Monkey said:
Agreed, Cancellara's effort was a great one, shame for Andy Schleck though. Is anyone else thinking that he's going to be top dog in a season or two though?
If you'd played a drinking game based on the number of times that Liggett and Sherwen said 'he's a future Tour winner' then you'd have thoroughly enjoyed those three weeks in July. ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Chuffy said:
If you'd played a drinking game based on the number of times that Liggett and Sherwen said 'he's a future Tour winner' then you'd have thoroughly enjoyed those three weeks in July. ;)

:tongue:

Found this Australian one in the Phil and Paul fanclub on Facebook...

When it is explained what that little yellow thing at the bottom of the bicycle is (1 shot)
When 'maillot jaune' is mentioned (1 sip)
When 'tete de la course' is mentioned (1 sip)
When 'peleton' is mentioned (1 peanut - happens too often)
Swig a Bud or Miller whenever Lance Armstrong is mentioned
Aussie rider is mentioned (1 swig of VB, XXXX if it's Robbie McEwan)
When you see an Australian flag - (1 swig of VB, Crown Lager if it's a boxing kangaroo)
1 shot of tequila whenever the yellow numbers is explained
1 raspberry voldka when the red number is explained
1 midori shot when the green sprinters jersy is mentioned
Eat a strawberries & creme lollie when the polka-dot jersy is mentioned

1 shot when Phil:
Compares legs to pistons
Describes team-mates as military ranks
Mentions pressure on the 'peleton'
Mentions the 'yo-yo' effect
Mentions cadence

1 shot when Paul:
Mentions a chateau name
Mentions a french castle name
Explains something about the local geography
Smack forehead and sigh when Paul explains something bleeding obvious that comes on screen
When he mentions race radio

Bonus:
Whenever it is said how David Moncoutie likes to stay at the back of the peleton (Break wind)
Whenever Thor Hushovd is named as the "Big Norweigan" eat an ice cube
Game is over and reset when the cameraman exposes one of the riders while he's having a natural break (Notice last night around 77kms to go - WOAH!)

Top Bottom