Olympic RR **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
So... Given that the men's road race starts at 10:00, which implies getting up no later than 07:00(ish), do the team skip the opening ceremony and get an early night?
They wanted Wiggins to be present last night but he said he needed an early night so they gave him the bell ringing thing at the beginning so he could get off to bed. I assume the other four weren't in the parade either.

raindog

er.....
I cannot find the link now but there was something that came out just before the end of the Giro going through it all, Canada qualifies for 3 spots but the IOC in their infinite and unflinchingly fair way of doing things decided that Canada only deserved 1 and they took 2 to use to dole out to other nations "that deserved more spots".
I mean, Morocco has 3 riders.....name a Moroccan cyclist, quick....
Agree - that doesn't really make a great deal of sense.

defy-one

I'm here. Corner of brompton road and fulham road. Good crowds. 09:12

uploadfromtaptalk1343463171803.jpg

yello

In both races I feel a crash could affect the outcome more than is usual due to narrow roads and not riding in their normal trade teams.

There was a little snippet on tv last night; Team GB training on the route. I was surprised just how narrow some of the roads are. Hopefully all will exercise good sense and we'll not see repeats of broken collar bones.

yello

I'd watch the tv too but they're not just covering the cycling; beach volleyball at the moment. Not interested.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Was that a weird start?

Sent from my lounge

yello

Got to say, for me, this is nostalgic and fabulous.... central London, clear roads, bikes. I'm remembering going out for a ride early (5am-ish) on summer mornings.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I just discovered that the entire race is live on BBC3. That normally doesn't come on air until 19:00 so one of the BBC children's channels has probably been sacrificed for the duration of the Olympics.

Is this a neutralised start, or are the riders just agreeing to a truce until they get out of London?

Top Bottom