Olympic Train Bans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterK

I didn't really know where else to post this, so hopefully here will do.

I only found out last night, from a friendly ticket barrier guard, that non-folding bikes won't be allowed on Southeastern railway services during the Olympics, so it might be worth checking other railway companies to see if the same ban applies.

The Southeastern website seems to suggest that the ban is for journeys into and out of London, but it doesn't say whether you can cycle to the next station, somewhere near the edge of London (in Southeastern's case, on this line that would be Bromley South), and get on the train there. I'd like to know because I have a cycling trip planned for the start of September. The Para-Olympics will mean that the ban still applies until 9 September, so that's going to screw up my plans.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
First Capital Connect have a more civilised attitude......at least I hope so. I'm relying on them to get me back to London from Brighton in a fortnight.

OP
OP
PeterK

PeterK

Looks like you'll be okay, as they should have announced it by now. I'm still screwed, though, unless I can find out if it's okay to get on at Bromley South after cycling across half of London to get there.

Top Bottom