Olympics closing ceremony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
It's like 1966 all over again. Except for the Germans.

And if I was a 2016 contender I'd take my sponsorship and Fly Down to Rio (to train). This afternoon.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
At least the British team and the BBC will get a nice holiday in 2016.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
lets see what the legacy is first before we get all overcome with emotion. IF , and its a big if, LOCOG/OPLC put back all the sports fields back to how they were (or better) then maybe i will say it was a success . currently the generation they are trying to inspire for 2020 and beyond has limited places to train. but you know that already .
just because this team got more medals doesnt automatically mean next time and next time will be better.
For two weeks we showed the world what our country is capable of at its best.

Sure what happens next with physical 'legacy' is a different ball game, but that doesn't tarnish the two weeks for me.

wormo

Guru
Overall I enjoyed the show, never going to like every act. As ususal can't rely on taxi drivers, had the perfect opportunity to wipe out the Spice Girls when they were lined up infront of the taxis.
As far as Olympics are a concerned loved every minute, roll on the Paralympics.
The only legacy I want is for kids to have other roll models than footballers and no mark celebreties who have done nothing in their lives.
We are a bit hung up about playing fields, the money should go to grass root clubs to spread the word. The cycling club I belong to run a club for kids to improve their bike skills and last weekend ran a fun day where adults and kids could take part in the same events as are held in velodrome but on grass which was a success.

subaqua

What’s the point
Overall I enjoyed the show, never going to like every act. As ususal can't rely on taxi drivers, had the perfect opportunity to wipe out the Spice Girls when they were lined up infront of the taxis.
As far as Olympics are a concerned loved every minute, roll on the Paralympics.
The only legacy I want is for kids to have other roll models than footballers and no mark celebreties who have done nothing in their lives.
We are a bit hung up about playing fields, the money should go to grass root clubs to spread the word. The cycling club I belong to run a club for kids to improve their bike skills and last weekend ran a fun day where adults and kids could take part in the same events as are held in velodrome but on grass which was a success.
the sad thing here is that the fields were used by clubs , local clubs that have had to find alternative locations which are scarce.

the 2 weeks has been great for showcasing britain. but i hope it doesn't become an empty showcase.

Top Bottom