Olympics closing ceremony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The cynics and sneerers must be seething in their cornflakes this morning that the whole Olympics was a rip roaring success that engaged the whole county minus them. Bloody good show and just off to help with the post party clearing up of getting everyone back home.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The only drawback to Channel 4 will be the long, and tediously repetitive, advert breaks.
That's what timeshift and skip are for! Start watching an hour after the start of coverage and bypass all the ads.

Night Train

Maker of Things
im seriously tempted to get rid of the car for the pedicab trike!!! not sure if the gearing will be up to much down here though :bicycle: :cycle:
If you want one you'd need to start searching, they are not made anymore. The 'modern' fake ones that are made by others are not up to the job of a real Cycles Maximus trike and their frames and components will fail. Maximus trikes are still in heavy use after 10+ years.

Talk to Arch about them, she has two, or three, at work.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Utter twaddle but I watched it, the music was mainly awful but then I have to appreciate that not everyone has my finely tuned lugholes for quality tunes.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The cynics and sneerers must be seething in their cornflakes this morning that the whole Olympics was a rip roaring success that engaged the whole county minus them. Bloody good show and just off to help with the post party clearing up of getting everyone back home.
The only thing I, as a pre-Games cynic, am seething about is that I allowed my cynicism to stop me buying any tickets. (Though I did go and watch the women's road race and would have gone to watch the TT but was poorly.). The Opening Ceremony won me over and the performance of Team GB, and the volunteers and the crowds, (edit: and the BBC) kicked the nails in. The Games won me over and completely conquered my cynicism to such an extent that I told the lovely Helen last night that the next time I'm being cynical about stuff she should say "remember London 2012"

London 2012 put the GREAT back into Great Britain. End of.

Top Bottom