Olympics closing ceremony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
They are Cycles Maximus cargo trikes.

Arch uses one for work!:thumbsup:

Yup, and I'll probably be riding it tomorrow, with a bit more than a Pet Shop Boy in the back!

When the Spice Girls climbed up on the top of their cabs, I said sarcastically "OK, now stand there while they drive round!"

Then the hand rails came up.

Words duly eaten.

Night Train

Maker of Things
It was ok but I wasn't as impressed as I was with the opening. Didn't get the inflatable octopus thing nor the bloke on the the top if the bus playing records.

Why were the people in blue, with the light bulb bowler hats, wearing short trousers with socks with sock suspenders?:scratch:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I thought it was just a glorified pop concert with lots of "Has been". I wasn't impressed at all. In fact i went to bed long before the end. The opening one was much better

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It was ok but I wasn't as impressed as I was with the opening. Didn't get the inflatable octopus thing nor the bloke on the the top if the bus playing records.

Why were the people in blue, with the light bulb bowler hats, wearing short trousers with socks with sock suspenders?:scratch:
I need a bowler hat with a working light bulb... if you see any on ebay, please let me know.

Davidc

Guru
I watched it right through. Thoroughly enjoyed it and far preferred it to th eopening.

Enjoyed the bit in between the two more than either though.

Looking forward to the paralympics. Not sure C4 will do as good a job as the BBC would have done if they'd been allowed to cover them, but I suppose 'fairness' and allowing another broadcaster to have part of the coverage was inevitable.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I enjoyed it all. Sure some bits were better than others, and once again the BBC over compressed the sound every chance they got. Only bit I thought was a lowlight was Annie Lennox.

Top Bottom