Votes: 23 36.5%
  • four

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • more than four

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • ostrich egg

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
For me it's normally 2 eggs but the different fillings that I use are numerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Four Mark!

This is a way to coax even the most reticent of Eggistes out of their shell and get them to enjoy.
Break the eggs, yolks one cup, whites into a bowl. Olive oil in the pan - set it to pre-smoky.
Whisk for all you're worth to get a fluffy white assembly then add the yolks.
Monitor carefully, using eyes and nose - if adding cheese - think about the appearance. Should it be all inside? A bit of both? Too p****d? - just chuck it in. Ditto for legumes...
Adventurous? Flip it in the air - after easing the sides away with a wooden spatula. Unadventurous? Ease as before and lift the pan high - descend and the omlette will follow - hopefully the other way up! :rolleyes:
Serve with lashings of nonchalance and all will be well with the world.

:wacko:

A souffle omelette, forsooth! Controversial. Unless you want one of those uniquely British omelettes that's like a big rubbery sponge with leather edges, it's all or nothing with the whisking. And I say nothing. I stir my (two) eggs a bit with a knife. Butter for me, ease off on the heat, a bit of gentle manipulation with a spatula or palette knife and a touch of tilting and rolling of the pan. A single continuous movement that slides the omelette onto the plate and folds it over is pleasing, and the centre should still be slightly liquid. That's the theory - in practice there is something to be said for getting riotously pissed, trebling the eggs and adding so much cheese that stirring is no longer an option, tipping the resultant carnage into an amorphous pile on a plate and fighting with a hungry companion to scoop it up with heavily buttered white crusty bread...

Slowgrind

Made one for lunch today as all this talk had me licking my lips!
Two eggs (all that was in) big handfull of grated cheese, sliced tomato,dash of tabasco,big dollop of branston and pepper!
Seemples.

Ste T.

Guru
Reminds me of a scene in Dallas years ago .Sue Ellen in a restraunt with her latest bit on the side, Dusty. Waiter comes up.
Dusty , " Bring me an eight egg omlette "
Sue Ellen, laughing " An eight egg omlette?
Dusty, " Baby just looking at you makes me hungry"
Smooth bastard!

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
I always use 3 eggs when I make one........with plenty of mushrooms too

smeg

2 free range eggs whisked with a little milk, with Stilton cheese. Yum! Only use a proper non-stick Tefal frying pan too, cheap frying pans are crap.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
The first meal I ever made Mrs Wigs was a Spanish Omelette (in the morning after she stayed over... the hussie!)

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Omelettes are amazing, especially with parma ham, red peppers, and strong cheddar. You should try duck eggs.

My absolute favourite way to eat eggs is poached, and duck eggs make the best poached eggs ever. Although would love to try an ostrich one.

ChrisKH

Guru
Omelettes are amazing, especially with parma ham, red peppers, and strong cheddar. You should try duck eggs.

My absolute favourite way to eat eggs is poached, and duck eggs make the best poached eggs ever. Although would love to try an ostrich one.

Must try this with duck eggs but so rarely see them. Where can you get them?

Top Bottom