Omg - I can dooooo it!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
badkitty

badkitty

A Fiddler of ill repute
Thanks for all the encouragement folks! Especially all those stories about the injuries, pain and broken bikes...:biggrin: I won't be put off, you know. Its too late, I'm addicted.:sun::biggrin:

Just a few things though...

Panter....er landing? I kind of hoped that I didn't have to worry about that, in a "what goes up must come down" kind of way..oops..maybe I'm not going high enough yet for it be a major concern.I hope.:biggrin:

Johnny- it's never to early in the day to be jumping...:biggrin: (although there should be time limitations on your appalling jokes...:biggrin: )

Fnaar - you should be locked up for ever for what you did to those toddlers...( but as an aside, and scaling things up a bit, do you reckon that a few 5 year olds would work as well for a 38 year old Mum? heh heh heh )

Shaun - have checked the front wheel is firmly fixed on . Thanks for the warning...:biggrin:

Papercorn - Why so sad? Its me that doesn't have the Cervelo, not you!:sad::biggrin:

mondobongo

Über Member
Remember Speed is your friend.

papercorn2000

badkitty said:
Thanks for all the encouragement folks! Especially all those stories about the injuries, pain and broken bikes...:sad: I won't be put off, you know. Its too late, I'm addicted.:biggrin::biggrin:

Just a few things though...

Panter....er landing? I kind of hoped that I didn't have to worry about that, in a "what goes up must come down" kind of way..oops..maybe I'm not going high enough yet for it be a major concern.I hope.:biggrin:

Johnny- it's never to early in the day to be jumping...:sad: (although there should be time limitations on your appalling jokes...:biggrin: )

Fnaar - you should be locked up for ever for what you did to those toddlers...( but as an aside, and scaling things up a bit, do you reckon that a few 5 year olds would work as well for a 38 year old Mum? heh heh heh )

Shaun - have checked the front wheel is firmly fixed on . Thanks for the warning...:biggrin:

Papercorn - Why so sad? Its me that doesn't have the Cervelo, not you!:smile::biggrin:

It was a joke. Apparently not a good one.:sad:

Panter said:
Congratulations :smile:

I learned to do the jumping thing a couple of months ago on a skills course.

Unfortunately, I still can't do the landings.............

This is me seconds before slamming sideways into the ground so hard that I actually bounced :sad: :sad:

chris_log_jump.jpg

where did you find out about the skills course, thinking i might send my fiancee on one sometime :biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
There's a few about, you could try Googling for one locally.

The guy who runs a MTB specific website runs free skils days occasionally and I did one of those.
I had to drive from Kent to Leicester (and then back nursing bruising and a broken bike :biggrin:) but it was a fantastic day.

There's also a really good book you can buy but I found it so much easier when it's explained in person myself.

Panter....er landing? I kind of hoped that I didn't have to worry about that, in a "what goes up must come down" kind of way..oops..maybe I'm not going high enough yet for it be a major concern.I hope.B)
I'd never ever jumped anything before doing this course. In actual fact, I'd wimped out of doing the jump (it's a lot higher than it looks :laugh:) a couple of times and only tackled it after being taught to do far smaller jumps over a rock.
The only reason I crashed is because my brain told me I was going to once I left the ground, otherwise I'd have been fine :biggrin:

Panter said:
There's a few about, you could try Googling for one locally.

The guy who runs a MTB specific website runs free skils days occasionally and I did one of those.
I had to drive from Kent to Leicester (and then back nursing bruising and a broken bike :laugh:) but it was a fantastic day.

that sounds quite local, could i pester you for the web address?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Pushing tin said:
that sounds quite local, could i pester you for the web address?

you have pm :biggrin: (or you will shortly anyway)

Warren

Hi everyone,
To those people that have done a mtb skills course would you recomend it? Ive thought of doing it, but last weekend i went to thetford and did the black route ok (probably slower than others) but i survied and also learnt that landing on your front wheel when youve jumped out of the bomb hole is not a great idea.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Warren said:
Hi everyone,
To those people that have done a mtb skills course would you recomend it? Ive thought of doing it, but last weekend i went to thetford and did the black route ok (probably slower than others) but i survied and also learnt that landing on your front wheel when youve jumped out of the bomb hole is not a great idea.

I personally would. To coin a cheesy but very true quote "You can invest what you like in your bike but the best investment you can make is in yourself."

My skills moved on 500% at least in just 4 Hours of training.

Top Bottom