Omg - I can dooooo it!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can JUMP on my bike! Proper jumping - not just bouncing over stuff, but proper Evel Knievel flying over things...Yay! :blush::wahhey:

Don't know why it took me so long, but the penny finally dropped on the way back from the school - needed more speed...doh...

So I went bombing towards the tree that blocks the path, pulled up and took off just like Elliot in ET. :ohmy:

Well, ok, not quite as high perhaps, but it felt like it to me..:tongue:!

So I've just jumped everything all the way home - logs, rocks, speed bumps, craters, er bits of grass, litter, a dead mole...and when I ran out of things which needed jumping, I just did it for the hell of it...:biggrin::biggrin:

Am a happy girl today..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

(Apologies for the overexcitement, but I've been wanting to do this for so long...:blush: )

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well done ... I've yet to pass that exam... I would like to try a basic Mountain Biking skills course sometime.

OP
OP
badkitty

badkitty

A Fiddler of ill repute
Summerdays - thanks! But you dont need a course...just not being too dim to understand the speed thing will mean that you'll get it way sooner than I did! Go for it...( its easier than it looks, you know..:wacko: )

Snapper - lol! :biggrin::biggrin:

Spandex...picture thing duly noted. Will take pictures of everything I jump from now on for you.....that is what you meant, wasn't it? :biggrin:

Davyo...I'm working on that too...anyday now..will let you know when I can do it..:biggrin:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
badkitty said:
Spandex...picture thing duly noted. Will take pictures of everything I jump from now on for you.....that is what you meant, wasn't it? :biggrin:

Get ready Spandex. You will need a very, very big scrapbook.

:wacko:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
When we were kids, we spent hours jumping our bikes... home-made ramps, line up about 3 or 4 toddlers from the street, get them to lie down, and jump over them! Oh what fun! :wacko:
Plus there was a long slope down, leading to a short slope up... speed down, go up, launch off the top of the slope and try not to fall in the very nearby river :biggrin:
Knackered several bikes doing that! (no toddlers were ever injured, though!) :biggrin:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Congratulations :biggrin:

I learned to do the jumping thing a couple of months ago on a skills course.

Unfortunately, I still can't do the landings.............

This is me seconds before slamming sideways into the ground so hard that I actually bounced :wacko: :biggrin:

chris_log_jump.jpg

Shaun

Founder
Fnaar said:
When we were kids, we spent hours jumping our bikes... home-made ramps, line up about 3 or 4 toddlers from the street, get them to lie down, and jump over them! Oh what fun! :wacko:
Plus there was a long slope down, leading to a short slope up... speed down, go up, launch off the top of the slope and try not to fall in the very nearby river :biggrin:
Knackered several bikes doing that! (no toddlers were ever injured, though!) :biggrin:

My younger brother still has the scars on his chin from when I set-up a ramp for him. As he sailed through the air the front wheel came off and he ended up using his chin as a brake across the newly laid gravel on our road! Poor bugger!

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

johnnyh

Veteran
Hmmmmm been a long time since I did much like that, in fact not since I was a good few years younger. (shortly after moving from a Chopper to a Grifter if I recall correcty :wacko:)

Seems a bit early to be out jumping to me, though maybe it could jump start the day! :biggrin: ok IGMC

Top Bottom