A Victor Meldrew 'I don't believe it' purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fastpedaller

It seems to be getting worse- whatever we buy lately is either missing something, broken or just simply doesn't work........
Yesterday we bought a sticky tape dispenser for Mother-in-law, I said to Wife "better get the same make of tape so we know it fits" Yes, you've guessed it! the inside diameter of the tape is too big for the 'wheel' it fits on! How can a manufacturer not even try it to make sure it fits their product it's err... meant to fit.?

Chris S

Legendary Member
Perhaps they do different sized dispensers for different sized tapes?

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

They do, It would appear the standard size for the 'maxi' dispenser we bought was a 70mm I/D for the tape - Every large reel of tape we have at home is 70mm, and the one we bought yesterday is 70 and fits our dispensers. The 'wheel' on the new dispenser is 68mm
To correct my initial statement, I should have said "the 'wheel' the tape fits on is too small.

Alex321

Veteran
They do, It would appear the standard size for the 'maxi' dispenser we bought was a 70mm I/D for the tape - Every large reel of tape we have at home is 70mm, and the one we bought yesterday is 70 and fits our dispensers. The 'wheel' on the new dispenser is 68mm
To correct my initial statement, I should have said "the 'wheel' the tape fits on is too small.

Surely that just makes it a bit loose, it should still work.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just reading the title made me chuckle. I love Victor Meldrew and feel the pain and injustice that society inflicted upon him.

Victor Meldrew was 60 when he was made redundant.
Richard wilson was old 53 when he started Playing the part!

The best bit about the recent Tutti-Frutii reruns was watching Richard Wilson at work.
But BETTER STILL is his R4 "Believe It!!!" spoof memoir. He's a much funnier guy than I creditied him for. Clearly has some good connections too:
Cast
Richard Wilson Richard
David Tennant Self
John Sessions Ensemble Actor
Lewis Macleod Ensemble Actor
Arabella Weir Ensemble Actor
Jane Slavin Ensemble Actor

OP
OP
F

Fastpedaller

I returned the tape and dispenser - full refund. Wife was in another town today and dropped into Card Factory - got a dispenser (that is built to tolerance) including tape for 1/2 the price of the other one without tape. Some prices are far in excess compared with others. Are more about to be loss-makers, or are some making huge profits? It is difficult to gauge what's going on these days.

Top Bottom