OMG..........OMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
They still don't!!!

Apparantly, so I'm told, Wayne Randle used to join in at times & make them all suffer

Wayne was a bit of a beast on the bike, but we used to do circuit training at Featherstone High School, he wasn't so good at coordination & running, a lot of the good cyclists don't like running. The chain gang took no prisoners if you didn't keep up, tough.

Last edited:
Wayne was a bit of a beast on the bike, but we used to do circuit training at Featherstone High School, he wasn't so good at coordination & running, a lot of the good cyclists don't like running. The chain gang took no prisoners if you didn't keep up, tough.

I remember trying those circuit training sessions a few times, but back then (early-mid 90's) I worked even more afternoon shifts than I do now, so getting there was awkward

As for the running?, I guess you're not including cyclo-crossers in that???:thumbsup:, as an example.......
Rob Jebb; 10 x Three-Peaks Cyclo-Cross winner, 4 x Three-Peaks Fell-Race winner, European Mountain Running Champion, Present Yorkshire Fell-Running Champion, etc......

Venod

Eh up
I remember trying those circuit training sessions a few times, but back then (early-mid 90's) I worked even more afternoon shifts than I do now, so getting there was awkward

As for the running?, I guess you're not including cyclo-crossers in that???:thumbsup:, as an example.......
Rob Jebb; 10 x Three-Peaks Cyclo-Cross winner, 4 x Three-Peaks Fell-Race winner, European Mountain Running Champion, Present Yorkshire Fell-Running Champion, etc......

No not including Cyclo Cross or Triathlon ( the Brownlees top class runners ) on the other hand I have just read Tyler Hamilltons book The Secret Race, he didn't like walking fast never mind running.

John Tanner is no slouch either.

http://app.strava.com/activities/88046234

Have a look at his average speed here and he didn't win

http://app.strava.com/activities/67023560

A good average pace there from JT!

Both Brownlees are bloody great runners, Alistairs time at the London Olympics for the 10K run was (I think) 29:00
Mo Farrars time for the same distance on a nice smooth, corner/street furniture free track was 27:30!!!

Can't help but think that Alistair is a better runner, or could be, if he trained specifically for the 10,000 metre event?

I've ran in a couple of the same fell-races as them (their initial 'out of School' races) & it's incredible to watch them almost dance up the hills

Top Bottom