OMG..........OMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.kendellcycles.co.uk/

Mavic MA2 wheels built by Gary Proud, I am not surprised the wheels are still going I had a pair built by Gary they were bulletproof, one of the best wheel-builders about, he has just built a pair of motorbike wheels for an old BSA Bantam a friend is renovating he is over the moon with them.
Got to agree, he's built 'cross wheels for me in the past (& MTB wheels) and they stayed perfectly true, despite some real stick
He re-built the wheels on my Dyna-Tech (when I bought it from him, or Ken Cowdell- the previous owner of the business, back in 1994), & he's probably only had to true them once in all that time!!

It's co-incidental my reading this, I was in the shop less than 45 minutes ago, & also, I'm a member of Featherstone Road Club, that Tracy & Gary sponsor (as 'gpr wheels')

Quite a while ago (2008)

cycling-cyclo-cross-2008-whitechapel-school-10-jpg.15452.jpg

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The frame was actually 531 if I remember it was a race replica the reynolds sticker is at the bottom of the seat tube
I stand corrected. Well, sit corrected, strictly, but corrected anyway.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The bike that got me back into cycling after a break of 20-odd years was a Carlton that was probably made in the same Ilkeston plant as that - and tho' it wasn't 531, it was still a helluva nice ride.

I was born in Knottingley, now live in Ponty, I was probably a member a bit later than you, the club runs used to meet at the shops in Fev and they had a chain gang run from the shop on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
I remember them meeting there

In summer I tend to see them out on Tues/Thurs, at some point between 'The Brown Cow' (I come via Purston Lane) & Carr Bridge Pavilion (sports pavilion near petrol station) when we're heading over to Ackworth for the club.....erm......run

Top Bottom