Omloop Het Nieuwsblad *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The event that I still can't help calling the Omloop Het Volk kicks off the classics part of the season this weekend. In itself, it is only just a semi-classic, but it's the signal for a whole mouthwatering series of one-day races to come.

There's both men's and women's events.

Looking at current form, and being the forum's leading predictor of the obvious (!), for men it is hard to see past Gilbert, Boonen and Hushovd (who has specifically stated that he's gunning for the classics this year) are likely winners, but Boasson-Hagen is showing some form as is the tough-as-ever Roger Hammond (although, of course if Hushovd is Garmin-Cervelo's designated rider, he won't be allowed to go for it). There are many other potential winners... Lars Boom might be my 'favourite name in the peloton' bet.

For the women... Kirsten Wild? She's looking pretty good right now. But to be honest, I have even less knowledge of the further reaches of the women's peloton than I do of the men's, so I am interested to see what our genuinely knowledgeable contributors think.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
. But to be honest, I have even less knowledge of the further reaches of the women's peloton than I do of the men's, so I am interested to see what our genuinely knowledgeable contributors think.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Touche!

Nice touch FM, if I mught give credit where it's due!

I read that some of the teams may refuse the radio ban in which case it may be called off. Maybe brinkmanship but all a bit ridiculous.

Is Haussler in it? He might be worth a punt but Gilbert if I had to stake my own real money on it.

I know very little about women's cycling.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've not really got a good feel for any rider in this race so will go for Boonen and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've no idea for a winner of the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I think Langevald is finished... well at least he looks like it on the cobbles. He's still holding on, on the tarmac. Flecha is just 10 seconds behind now with 16km to go!

Attack from flecha...

raindog

er.....
Wasn't that a weird sprint? Flecha seemed to go wobbly right on the line. And those conditions were horrendous - reminded me of sunday club runs in the winter back in Derbyshire. :biggrin:

Anyway, thank God the real season's started.

Top Bottom