Jdratcliffe
Guru
- Location
- Redhill, Surrey
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http://j.mp/HP6b1X&h=UAQFPEgQm
1hr 11min and a few secs to do my 20 odd mile commute!
1hr 11min and a few secs to do my 20 odd mile commute!
go you! the main thing i fine is there few sections of nice straight and recently re-tarmaced roads which have 3 / 4 ped crossings about 300yrds apart and yet still have jay walkers all over which are hard to try and avoid at high speeds so have to slow down plus the loss of momentum at the reds' recon if it was all clear and no lights i could do it in under an hr.Well done! I'm trying to get under an hour for my normal 16 mile training run - 1 hour 6 mins last night, getting closer...
go you! the main thing i fine is there few sections of nice straight and recently re-tarmaced roads which have 3 / 4 ped crossings about 300yrds apart and yet still have jay walkers all over which are hard to try and avoid at high speeds so have to slow down plus the loss of momentum at the reds' recon if it was all clear and no lights i could do it in under an hr.
ineed my first commute along this route took me 1hr 55 on a front suspension heavy mountain bike last year swap to a roadie bout 5months ago took 20mins off instantly :-)I'm the same, my commute to work is 14.4 miles which the fastest I've done in 1 hour 4 mins, but if it wasn't for the crossings, windy bridge, combination of road and cycle paths I reckon I could do it in under an hour. Always good to have something to aim for, my first commute last year took 1 hour 20 mins going and 1 hour 45 mins coming back!
I'm the same, my commute to work is 14.4 miles which the fastest I've done in 1 hour 4 mins, but if it wasn't for the crossings, windy bridge, combination of road and cycle paths I reckon I could do it in under an hour. Always good to have something to aim for, my first commute last year took 1 hour 20 mins going and 1 hour 45 mins coming back!

I can tell you that our commute is not the easiest nor fast most of the time, quickest I have done was yesterday http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/48851489 however I have done a Livingstone to Sighthil which is 13mile approx and did that in about 35mins, what a difference when its flat and not breezy![]()
and Livingston to Sighthill in 35 mins, are you sure that wasn't in a car... ??
Looks like you work up near Hermiston Gait Mr Grumpy??That my friend is equal to a sub 27 minute "10" in a time trial averaging over 22mph, more than impressive. I would get some tribars clipped on and go and give it a go if you haven't already.I can tell you that our commute is not the easiest nor fast most of the time, quickest I have done was yesterday http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/48851489 however I have done a Livingstone to Sighthil which is 13mile approx and did that in about 35mins, what a difference when its flat and not breezy![]()
yes you go past NHS24 and turn left about half a mile down the road, past Queen Elizabeth Yard and then down the hill onto Burnshot road, its not too bad traffic wise and a much better road to rise on than the Dalmeny cycle path.I notice you follow a different route into Cramond, is that the old A8000 road (past NHS24 and into Kirkliston)? I think HLaB suggested that route to me but I've never tried it yet, I assume it's better than following the cycle path??
That my friend is equal to a sub 27 minute "10" in a time trial averaging over 22mph, more than impressive. I would get some tribars clipped on and go and give it a go if you haven't already.
