on bike video camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gixer Rob

anyone use on board camera for MTB ing??
ive used a Gopro on motorbike a few times..but ib prefer something bit more compact and maybe a bit cheaper for MTB.....( dont fancy wrapping a Gopro round a tree at £150+ a pop)
it would only be so i can laugh at everyone else binning it!!!! :laugh:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
The Go Pro can handle it, that's what it's made for, used mine on anything it will clamp onto.:whistle:

OP
OP
Gixer Rob

Gixer Rob

my mates just offered to loan me his MD80..cheap little camera (about £40) but ive seen some footage he took on a motorbike trackday and it looked ok....
if not il use the Gopro....after all thats what household insurance is for!!!! ;):whistle:

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
its been crashed then?? no problems with it??

My GoPro fell off of my roadie the other day after some tw@t didn't bolt it on properly!!:whistle: It skated down the road for about 10 metres at just under 20 mph. Thought it would be in bits but can hardly see a scratch on the protective case and it still works perfectly.

A proper tough little unit.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Don't drop the MD80! Broke the on/off switch on mine the first day I had it - only did voice activation after that... it's a bit cheap and nasty in my opinion. If I were you I'd use the GoPro.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
cheers fellas....
il try mates MD80, if/WHEN it does pack in il use Gopro...
do you guys mount on handlebars or helmet??
Done both, but helmet is better, you just look a plonker with it stuck on your head.^_^

The weak point on the GoPro is the small tabs on the extension pieces

Check these regularly and you will be fine.

Having said that mine came off, hit the road, bounced twice and got run over by the following small van.

A couple of great chunks out of the casing, but the camera itself was unharmed.

Top Bottom