On road in Spain. Any advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrsfrm

Hi Paul. Thanks for the reply. I'll be in touch. How about a meet at the Imperial/Wetherspoons one afternoon for a touring chat.

PaulLittle

sounds good to me :cheers:. Would have to be an evening though as I work 9-5.30 - better make the arrangements off this thread. Not sure if this forum has a IM or private message facility...

MarkF

Guru
On my way back from Portugal this summer, I took the C-628 and CA-280 route over the Cantabrian mountains from Reinosa to Santander. Absolutley beautiful road but a longer climb going from north to south rather than the way I rode.

Bloody Reinosa! The most dismal place in Spain that I've ever stayed in, never again, if I could have cycled any further I'd have carried on, but it's a hard, long climb up to it from the North.

Did you stay in the Hotel San Roque Rich? I could only find that or an adjacent Hostal, the Hostal didn't answer the bell or the phones..........the Hotel was bizarre, like something you'd find in Gracia or Eixample, Barcelona, beautiful, loads of friendly staff but.................. no customers.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Bloody Reinosa! The most dismal place in Spain that I've ever stayed in, never again, if I could have cycled any further I'd have carried on, but it's a hard, long climb up to it from the North.

Did you stay in the Hotel San Roque Rich? I could only find that or an adjacent Hostal, the Hostal didn't answer the bell or the phones..........the Hotel was bizarre, like something you'd find in Gracia or Eixample, Barcelona, beautiful, loads of friendly staff but.................. no customers.
No, I just passed through it from Aguilar de Campoo and camped at a tiny but beautiful campsite about 12km west of Reinosa in a little hamlet called Riano. The camp had a fantastic restaurant attached and a swimming pool with gorgeous girls sunbathing. Pictures on request!^_^
Reinosa looked pretty buzzing as I cycled through it at midday but I didn't stop long enough to judge!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
sounds good to me :cheers:. Would have to be an evening though as I work 9-5.30 - better make the arrangements off this thread. Not sure if this forum has a IM or private message facility...
Click on the avatar and then select 'start conversation'

Crosstrailer

We go to Catalonia every year on the Costa Brava and have done for many years. Can't wait for next August now I am into cycling, its quite close to Girona where apparently several pro riders have residences - in the hills and mountains around the coast each year we always see a great deal of road cyclists and the area is noted for being popular with holidaying cyclists and pro's alike.

As someone else has pointed out the roads in Spain tend to be really good surface wise, far better than in this country.

Top Bottom