On the hunt for a new bike - again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damj

After 9 weeks of waiting for my bike( Orro Terra gravel) I've finally told my LBC to stick it. This comes after around four false delivery dates. The final straw, today they told I'd have to wait another four weeks blaming the supplier. To be honest I'm fairly gutted, but I'll move on now. The terra at 1k had what I was looking for, drop bar, light aluminum, 105 gearing, and mounts for panniers and muds, disc brakes (preferred but not essential) commuter and light off road capabilities. Unfortunately my cycle to work scheme is run through Halfords, so that rules out planet X, decathlon. Wheelbase.
Any recommendations appreciated :smile:

Tredz accept Halfords.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Each to their own i guess i plumped for a new baordman on C2W as it was the best frame / component combo i could get if you looked at rrp prices via the scheme i would be looking at a aluminum trek alr or a caad 8 .I got a C7 carbon frame with tiagra 10 speed and swapped out the wheels immediatly for some lighter superstar component wheels .
https://roadcyclinguk.com/gear/boardman-team-carbon-2016-road-bike-first-ride-review.html
img_20170520_164815551-1-jpg.jpg

ozboz

Guru
Id go Merida , but you may have to go ti Cycle Republic to get one,
My GF will be getting a Merida with her cycle to work scheme ,
Juliet ladies range ,

vickster

Legendary Member
Id go Merida , but you may have to go ti Cycle Republic to get one,
My GF will be getting a Merida with her cycle to work scheme ,
Juliet ladies range ,
As my link, plenty of Indy retailers take C2W

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After 9 weeks of waiting for my bike( Orro Terra gravel) I've finally told my LBC to stick it. This comes after around four false delivery dates. The final straw, today they told I'd have to wait another four weeks blaming the supplier. To be honest I'm fairly gutted, but I'll move on now. The terra at 1k had what I was looking for, drop bar, light aluminum, 105 gearing, and mounts for panniers and muds, disc brakes (preferred but not essential) commuter and light off road capabilities. Unfortunately my cycle to work scheme is run through Halfords, so that rules out planet X, decathlon. Wheelbase.
Any recommendations appreciated :smile:
I know you dont like boardman , one for sale on face fluff , not c2w though . 53 i think is more like a 56 halfords sizing .
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=812338959&fref=nf
Anyone after a cx team? My friend is selling for £650 has been used only on road a handful of times..... it's 53cm
18670912_10155439766548960_6118844168822692117_n.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm happy with my £500 Boardman Team CX. Trying to decide whether to ride that today or the Genesis, but need to sort the flat tyre on that!

waterfallT

What store were you waiting for the Orro from mate? I still haven't got my Terra and it seems like the delivery date for the supplier delivering to the bike store is slowly increasing... makes me concerned now! I think if I haven't heard anything by next Friday I'm going to bottle it and go elsewhere instead too

Top Bottom