On the hunt for a new bike - again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
damj

damj

A local bike shop (Durham) not sure who's to blame. The shop blame Orro, not ordering enough frames. I was expecting mine yesterday. I left a few messages with national retailers to see if they get back next week. I'm just really sick now, I'd set my heart on it. Hope you don't get messed around like I have

Milzy

Guru
Buy my pinnicle Dolmite 6 2016 it's like this.
https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-dolomite-6-2016-road-bike-EV244122
Light use £450 takes.

vickster

Legendary Member
A local bike shop (Durham) not sure who's to blame. The shop blame Orro, not ordering enough frames. I was expecting mine yesterday. I left a few messages with national retailers to see if they get back next week. I'm just really sick now, I'd set my heart on it. Hope you don't get messed around like I have
Corridori in Epsom had a green Orro a few weeks back, don't know what size. And they take Halfords C2W I think. Probably not open until Tuesday, could call them then

Or forget C2W and get Milzy's Pinnacle (Although it is unfortunately black)

waterfallT

Sorry to hear that mate, I placed an order with Leisure Lakes for an Orro on the Halfords C2W so it might be worth getting in touch with them if you're really set on it? I specially requested to the green one (which isn't in stock on their website) so I have some to take some blame for the delay.

I'm personally really not a fan of Boardmans but there are a few other options:

If you could try a Merida out locally a shop near me have the Merida CX 500 for less than a grand and I believe they will deliver. I went there a few weeks ago hoping to look at a Cannondale and the Merida's looked great in the flesh and have a decent spec.

This Scott Speedster gravel was my second choice option and I think it ticks all the boxes for you. Looks like a lot of bike for the money and supposedly looks great in person (the guy I spoke to at Start Fitness couldn't sing its praises enough). It looks like they're raising its price from £999 to £1075 at a lot of places, but I'm sure there's other shops on the Halfords C2W with it in stock.

Milzy

Guru
Thanks mitzy, unfortunately already paying back through salary sacrifice each month, first payment already gone out this month. Not sure without speaking to HR if I can back out now.
Very little chance now, just roll with it. There's always next year.

Top Bottom