On the verge of joining a club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not in Skipton but I would reccomend you contact the club to find out what are the best introductory ride (some rides can be eyeballs out and others in the same club sedate). Then give it a go, every club I've been in there's no compulsion to join at first so you can try it out expense free first.

MikeG

Guru
I am very new to cycle clubs, DiDi, and I thoroughly recommend that you give it a go. Turning up for your first Sunday club ride can be a bit daunting if you don't know anyone, but after the first cafe stop you'll realise they are all decent friendly folk, and by your 2nd or 3rd ride you'll feel part of the furniture. The great thing about being a member of a club is that it sort-of forces you to put a regular ride in your diary, and you get encouraged into various suitable events (including socials if you want).

Oh, and don't worry about your abilities, if you were. There is only one rider in the club who has no-one slower than them, and one rider who has no-one faster than them, and they'll almost never meet. In other words, you'll soon end up riding with people at your level.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
As said above club rides are great and you get to talk to like minded people as well as ride so contact the local clubs in your area and see what they offer and at what times.

Martin McNeely

+1 to all of the above. I joined my club at the end of last year and haven't looked back. You should go along to a club run and make sure they'll cater for your experience/level. Some rides can be heads down and some laid back. 99% of clubs will look after you and be happy your joining in.

Martstar

And seriously considering Skipton CC.

Anyone on here a member?

:smile:
Joining a club is the best way to develop as a rider and learn about the sport!

Top Bottom