On your marks, set, go!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
I am compelled to share this video clip because I'm so chuffed after little boy's first day on a balance bike - he's 2y 7m. ^_^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/onefivenine/7766900500/in/photostream

I was worried that he would have balance issues because he was born with extreme Talipes (clubfoot), coupled with Amniotic Band Syndrome, so he doesn't have all his toes.
This made learning to walk, and find his balance more difficult - as he was not getting the same signals sent to his brain from each foot.

I'm very happy and immensely proud of him! ^_^

7766910454_df5289b655.jpg

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Awwww that's the cutest laugh ever :biggrin: he's doing great! My 3.5 yo step son loves him, scares the life out of us tho with the speed he goes!

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Awesome, it's funny how he gets all excited when he gets faster and isnt phased by falling over. :biggrin:

It's like a giggle speedometer! He understands left and right too, which amazed me when I was telling him to turn!

Fantastic. What a great little squidger you have there. He's loving the bike...great fun.
Thanks for sharing. It's made my day.

Thanks, he loves it, so much so that he was awake before 06:30 on Sunday morning, and asking for his 'bi-sis-ycle'. And I'm knackered! :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Give him a few weeks and he will be doing this.. (jnr is same age as your little smasher)

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fantastic, what a happy little chappy! You just need to take him somewhere with a bit more space so he can really get going. I found car parks when the stores are shut are brill because there's no obstacles for 'miles' and road markings for them to play at 'cars' if they want to.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hard times for you, I hope things work out........Before you know it your 2.5 yr old will be 5 or 6 and doing 10-15 mile countryside rides with you so make sure you don't lose touch, These are the best years you will get with your son/daughter?.............
Good luck :thumbsup:

From dark times to good times........ He's worth it mate. Really glad you have some light in your life ^_^

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Give him a few weeks and he will be doing this.. (jnr is same age as your little smasher)

He's really got the hang of it, looking confident! Brilliant!

Fantastic, what a happy little chappy! You just need to take him somewhere with a bit more space so he can really get going. I found car parks when the stores are shut are brill because there's no obstacles for 'miles' and road markings for them to play at 'cars' if they want to.

We have some good open spaces nearby. That clip was on Granma's street - a bit steep and not the best paving either. He fairly put the miles in on Sunday. Good to tire him out as well!

From dark times to good times........ He's worth it mate. Really glad you have some light in your life ^_^

Cheers yes, he brings smiles wherever he goes! :biggrin:

Top Bottom