Once...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Once I was riding down the road a while back and was just cresting a rise – nice wide road and a racing green (colour) clio car - other side of the road was oncoming.

In front of it was a parked car, I looked down then BANG: I looked up quicker than I was to’ and the car, oncoming, had hit the back right side of the parked car flipped forwards and spun…Hollywood styley !

Coming to rest on all four wheels as normal ‘cept for a few cracked windows and etc…

It was a sunny mild day and some bags + a handbag had dislodged themselves out of the car (as they had been open) and ended up around the car on the road..

Traffic pulls up as does me too.

The lady in the car was very shook up in fact looked either knocked out OR in shock as she was wasn’t conscious.

The crazy thing about this whole matter was a lad and a girl walking up the road same side as the crash – they seen it too..the lad picked up the handbag walked up beside the driver and says…

“heres you handbag luv”

:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
She was lucky, in some places she would never have seen it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisKH

Guru
I was cycling on to an Island close to where I live (in fact I lived on the Island then) late at night when I was overtaken by a blue BMW. Not particularly fast. Any how, the bridge onto the Island is after a sharp corner. The BMW negotiated the bend, oversteered, compensated, oversteered the other way and slap bang in the middle of the bridge tried to drive over the side of it. Fortunately the bridge was relatively new and the restraining sides (steel posts, tops and wire) were strong enough to stop the car. I approached the car with with the car driver behind which had stopped and said 'you alright, love' (it was a woman, obviously, I don't call everyone love) and she burst into tears and was inconsolable. Must have been the shock of nearly killing herself. There were no other cars in sight. So the car behind me took her home and she left the car there.

domtyler

Über Member
ChrisKH said:
I was cycling on to an Island close to where I live (in fact I lived on the Island then) late at night when I was overtaken by a blue BMW. Not particularly fast. Any how, the bridge onto the Island is after a sharp corner. The BMW negotiated the bend, oversteered, compensated, oversteered the other way and slap bang in the middle of the bridge tried to drive over the side of it. Fortunately the bridge was relatively new and the restraining sides (steel posts, tops and wire) were strong enough to stop the car. I approached the car with with the car driver behind which had stopped and said 'you alright, love' (it was a woman, obviously, I don't call everyone love) and she burst into tears and was inconsolable. Must have been the shock of nearly killing herself. There were no other cars in sight. So the car behind me took her home and she left the car there.

Yeah, I have been known to get a bit emotional after a few jars too many too! :sad:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I was in living in Spain, walking home in the wee hours of the morning; home was a house on the edge of town. A guy (pedestrian) asked me for directions, and we chatted for a bit, standing about 2 feet into the (quiet, usually) road. We were both a bit under the affluence of incohol. A car came round the bend, too fast, lost control, I jumped out of the way, he was hit by the bonnet, and somersaulted over the roof. The car didn't stop (!!) but the guy got up, brushed himself down, had a ciggie with me, I checked he was OK, did he want to go to hospital, etc etc, and we went our separate ways. Weird!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

ChrisKH said:

>She was lucky, in some places she would never have seen it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yenkers, I notice that you use the word "BANG" in your written statemnet :ohmy:

I don't know, and from your testimony I am only surmising :thumbsup:, but I think you have had a lucky call, my little Cockney friend :biggrin:;)

I firmly believe after your "incident" at the Masonic Lodge that you have been targeted and were in this instance the target of a viscious hit squad dealing in death :biggrin::becool::smile:

The "BANG" you so heard was automatic rifle fire from a concealed location which obviously missed you but "nailed" as we military types say, the driver of the tatty green Clio, causing it to go into a spin and tw*t the parked car.

I think it has been "the lad", explain his actions otherwise :angry::angry:

Take care, my very illiterate friend, and watch out on the Underground :smile:

Tuitti Fruitti pollutti milli vanilli silli billi ..............:becool:

Top Bottom