One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Featherbank Lane
(just off) New Side Road/A65
Just before entering Horsforth, from Kirkstall

Chevy Blazer

Featherbank Lane
(just off) New Side Road/A65
Just before entering Horsforth, from Kirkstall

El Camino (1973 model year??)
Badged as a '454':eek:

gbb

Legendary Member
Heading down into Stradishall this afternoon and this caught my eye. I do like a big Citroen estate.
View attachment 540151
20 years ago I had a colleague who had one, he wax oiled everywhere he could get to, even drilling holes to get it in places you normally couldn't. Apparently he still has it in his barn. I had a couple rides in it, wonderful and smooth. Which then reminds me, formerly he (among many other cars) had a Mk10 Jaguar, very heavy on fuel and he reckoned to have one tank full of kerosene, the other petrol. The kerosene was available to him through dubious channels (he was no shrinking violet and always keen on a deal) and he said it ran quite well as long as the engine was hot. Long term it was probably a terrible thing for the engine but that wasnt his goal.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was driving tonight and met a Bristol Beaufighter(ish)? tonight going in the opposite direction. It's hard to say as they evolved so slowly over the years.

They weren't much to look at but I'd still like to own one as I admire the quality and engineering.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I was driving tonight and met a Bristol Beaufighter(ish)? tonight going in the opposite direction. It's hard to say as they evolved so slowly over the years.

They weren't much to look at but I'd still like to own one as I admire the quality and engineering.

The earlier Bristols are stunning cars - 403 to maybe 410
and those in between

Attachments

• 2C27671F-E455-438A-8D5F-E1862141B689.jpeg
    2C27671F-E455-438A-8D5F-E1862141B689.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom