One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
DSC_0244.jpg

Vauxhall Viva Convertible 'G' registration (1968) - according to Wikipedia "very rare" :smile:

Alfa Romeo S3 Spider
Spider.jpg

1988. Imported from Japan into my garage.

screenman

Legendary Member
I sold my 308gt4 in 1978 for about £6500, my son sold his 1978 308gts about 10 years ago for £25,000, if I look up the prices now, well I just don't.^_^

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I found pictures the other day of our holiday on the isle of Colonsay in 1991.

Why is this relevant??

Well, on one of the days the ferry came (the old MV Claymore) we all went down to watch, and, in a cloud of exhaust fumes and even more noise, 7 or 8 vintage Bentleys came off and roared away up the hill to the hotel.

Turns out they were/are a group who tour different Scottish islands every year and, were staying at the same hotel as us, so we had them there for a week or so.

I'll post the pictures, but they were Bentleys from the 1920s, save for one which was a kit car, and, they took us on parts of their tour with them!!
I was only 9, but I and my siblings (and other kids, including family friends who were with us) were whisked away by complete strangers in a car resembling a large bath tub, ala Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, with sod all suspension, no seat cusions and no seat belts, to strange parts of the island! They could have been anyone, but that never occurred to us!

What I also remember most was when we were on a beach somewhere, and this huge roar started from the distance..... Of course, we knew who it was, and when they appeared, they took us, partly off road, I hasten to add, back to the hotel. My bum was all battered and bruised from that wooden seat in the back, but I didn't care!

Utterly amazing and I would recommend it to anyone if you ever meet such a group!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom