One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Here's a couple of classic cars in fantastic condition I saw this afternoon. First up a Ford Anglia Deluxe. I always thought they were a lame British version of the huge old American cars with fins, but this was my mums first car, bought for her by her mum, so every time I see one I think of them both. I must admit the styling has grown on me over the years, and when I see one in mint condition like this, it looks like its just rolled off the production line, its clearly loved and well looked after, I can't help but smile^_^
MlGCO9k.jpg

And this original Aston V8 Vantage is still a drop dead gorgeous design in my eyes, it looks great from any angle, and sounds great too, so much deep bass I think it could communicate with off-shore whales^_^. And its in my favourite colour, and there's lots of chrome. I'm sure the bills to keep it on the road are eye watering, but I'm still smitten:wub:
Uc56z84.jpg

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There's a bloke on a local building project that uses a Sunbeam Alpine Fastback similar to the picture below as daily transport. It is in far from concourse condition!
ebay176972.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
The lovely weather seems to have brought the classic cars out, maybe there's a show going on or something, but I saw this lot today, all looking polished and well loved.
A Jensen C-V8
KVTTg8V.jpg

Bristol
Ff7eooP.jpg

A lovely rear end, on the Bristol I mean obviously^_^
k9zn9ZD.jpg

I've never seen one of these Mercedes before, anyone know what this is?
6zcilqr.jpg

And you don't see many of these about, a Bond Bug
AjiXOAL.jpg

The sun is out, roof down weather, and this was turning heads
zSwJtST.jpg

And finally my two favourites, a chrome laden Jag and a Jensen Interceptor, such cool looking cars.
bhYaUbd.jpg

uJrScHt.jpg

Oh and by the way that Aston I posted at the top of the page is owned by Joanna Lumley's husband.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Those drop head E types turn heads whatever the weather. Many years ago I had the chance to buy one in black for about a grand more than I was paying for a Vauxhall Firenza. Guess which one I bought? :banghead: Although the insurance on the Jag was a killer.

Edit: Not sure why but the headbanging imogee doesn't seem to be working on my laptop.

MOD EDIT Fixed the headbanger! There was an extra space in it :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Well mine was out yesterday too. I've rebuilt the head over the past few weeks and replaced all the ignition side of things as it was running very badly since I bought it. Started on the button and now purring, or burbling, like a good old Ford should:smile:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I spotted this in Aldgate this morning. Driving and parking this is London has got to be a nightmare, but it is a handsome looking barge, in absolutely stunning condition. Thunderbirds are go!
jMrnfPj.jpg

ZcPY1DC.jpg

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Here's a couple of classic cars in fantastic condition I saw this afternoon. First up a Ford Anglia Deluxe. I always thought they were a lame British version of the huge old American cars with fins, but this was my mums first car, bought for her by her mum, so every time I see one I think of them both. I must admit the styling has grown on me over the years, and when I see one in mint condition like this, it looks like its just rolled off the production line, its clearly loved and well looked after, I can't help but smile^_^
View attachment 459503
And this original Aston V8 Vantage is still a drop dead gorgeous design in my eyes, it looks great from any angle, and sounds great too, so much deep bass I think it could communicate with off-shore whales^_^. And its in my favourite colour, and there's lots of chrome. I'm sure the bills to keep it on the road are eye watering, but I'm still smitten:wub:
View attachment 459504

I can remember my parents taking me for a picnic on the river at Ilkley in an Anglia, pale blue just like in the pic. When my father opened the boot, no picnic, just a rusty hole!

There is a same shaped Aston nearby, it's been outside, but under a canopy, for at least a decade, pale gold and utterly gorgeous.

MarkF

Guru
I thought you worked in health care.... I see your a scissor Smith :laugh:

Only joking, lovely example :becool:

:okay:

It's mint, like it was made 5 years ago, took me ages to find the right one. I've had Mk2's before but they don't have pop up headlights and that's what it's about....innit?

Lovely sunny day car only spoilt by lardy bloated modern cars blocking your view at junctions.

Top Bottom