One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
Were they the last good looking, bang on, proportioned coupe? Sort of car kids today go wild over. I'd like one of those.

Mine's de-spoilered at the moment, I have a "duckbill" boot lid to go on when it finally gets painted but still toying with another spoiler.

They are great cars, I've heavily modified mine (550hp). Just be careful they can be money pits!.

Worth buying a good sorted one.

20190401_124852.jpg

20190401_141333.jpg

Levo-Lon

Guru
I had a 89 200sx. Fabulous car, it was lowered by 30 mm which made it look just right.
Loved the pop ups on that.

I killed it sadly and could easily have killed myself too, very lucky walk away big accident

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Mine's de-spoilered at the moment, I have a "duckbill" boot lid to go on when it finally gets painted but still toying with another spoiler.

They are great cars, I've heavily modified mine (550hp). Just be careful they can be money pits!.

Worth buying a good sorted one.

View attachment 464273

View attachment 464271

Lovely car. love the 90's Jap coupes. Hopefully the next house I buy will have a decent garage and I can buy another Jap sports car, to use at weekends. Last one I had was an MX5 but I want something quicker, I fancy either a Honda S2000 or an Inetgra Type R DC2 UK model. I'd love a big car like yours or a Supra Twin Turbo. I just see those as a total money pit if you buy a dog, like any car I guess, I like the 300ZX too, I owned a 200SX S14a, cracking motor going up in value all the time.

screenman

Legendary Member
The Fiat X19 sportscars were nice looking and fun to drive but were very rusty .

I had loads of those, I used to really enjoy driving them, the fact that you could have the roof off but without all the wind was a great bonus. The most expensive one I ever sold was for £2,000.

I was a busy car dealer during the late seventies and eighties turning over in excess of 500 cars a year, so most cars that are classics now were my bread and butter then.

I had loads of those, I used to really enjoy driving them, the fact that you could have the roof off but without all the wind was a great bonus. The most expensive one I ever sold was for £2,000.

I was a busy car dealer during the late seventies and eighties turning over in excess of 500 cars a year, so most cars that are classics now were my bread and butter then.
I can remember repairing one frequently for a customer . He paid for the repairs himself as he couldn't risk the insurance going up .

screenman

Legendary Member
I can remember repairing one frequently for a customer . He paid for the repairs himself as he couldn't risk the insurance going up .

I keep getting tempted to go out and buy one again, this time for fun rather than profit.

keithmac

Guru
Lovely car. love the 90's Jap coupes. Hopefully the next house I buy will have a decent garage and I can buy another Jap sports car, to use at weekends. Last one I had was an MX5 but I want something quicker, I fancy either a Honda S2000 or an Inetgra Type R DC2 UK model. I'd love a big car like yours or a Supra Twin Turbo. I just see those as a total money pit if you buy a dog, like any car I guess, I like the 300ZX too, I owned a 200SX S14a, cracking motor going up in value all the time.

You just have to be very careful and be prepared to work on it yourself or you're staring down the barrel of big repair bills.

Rust is becoming an issue, I wouldn't entertain a 3000gt (UK).

To be fair mine has been hastle free, I've fitted a few clutches (drag racing related), and unfortunately lost an engine due to being greedy with Nitrous. Both my own fault!.

Was considering selling it but my lad (12) said he'd like to do a few car shows this year. Plus I've got over 14 years of memories with it!.

Put a "normal" clutch back in to make it road friendly, just needs MOT.

Our Kuga's nearly bankrupted me this year, luckily I had all the bits "in stock" for the GTO.

They are going up in value now for a good one.

20130630_133600.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Spotted this today, my folks had one of these for a bit in the early 80's, in exactly the same colour as this, if you can call it a colour. Its from the 70's so its beige, or in car salesman speak and in the brochure that's probably described as St Tropez sunset:laugh:.
mPXvBrH.jpg

We lived in rural Wales at the time, the car was I'd say amongst the first all-terrain MPV's and was way ahead of its time. It did the school run, could hold all the shopping you could do in it, you could drive across fields and the worst roads with trays of eggs without breaking any, you could raise the ride height to go through streams and deep snow. It was way ahead of its time, but I think the thing that amazed me most as a kid was that the headlights turned in the same direction as the wheels, so on dark country lanes it could actually see round corners^_^.

And here's a rare find I just snapped. What's this, an old Lancia that's not rusted away? I didn't recognise it so looked it up when I got home. Turns out its quite a rarity, a Lancia Flaminia GT Coupe Superleggera. Body work by Italian coach-builders Touring, it dates from around 1963, and is one of only 170 made, and the number still running must be tiny. Very stylish.
fGqMUpN.jpg

nU1BxkC.jpg

Top Bottom