One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spotted in Madeira last week
20190420_184603.jpg
20190420_185837.jpg
20190420_185907.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've been passed by a few classics while on the commute over the past week - a very nice Austin 3 litre, a higly customised & flame painted fifties Chevy stepside pick-up, a scruffy late 60s/early 70s Chevy El Camino and an even scruffier Ford Galaxie 500. I've not seen any of these around town before or since. so whether they were being given a test run in advance of the next Bank Holliday run & show on the seafront I don't know.

There was also a convoy of BL classics heading north on the A12 this morning, in the middle of which was a bright red Austin Maestro!

D

Deleted member 26715

I must be sad, I would have the Citroen over the Lancia

D

Deleted member 26715

IIRC they were styled by Bertone.
Does the price reflect it's rarity ?
They were, as to rarity, 4.3K registered, only 262 with VED, so 6% still on the road (more than I would have expected), with another 1K supposedly SORN, which is 25% still around, not sure if that's good or not. https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/family/fiat_x1_9

Edit:- Just looking at another car & it was more obvious, but ging back to the Fiat it's there, how many cars only have VED in the better months of the year, each year there is a little hump.

Last edited by a moderator:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I can remember my parents taking me for a picnic on the river at Ilkley in an Anglia, pale blue just like in the pic. When my father opened the boot, no picnic, just a rusty hole!

There is a same shaped Aston nearby, it's been outside, but under a canopy, for at least a decade, pale gold and utterly gorgeous.
My parents had a maroon Ford Anglia when I was very young. Dad finally decided it was beyond repair. We lived close to a stock car track (Carnforth/Warton for those who know such things)...close enough to hear the cars with the wind in the right direction

There was a chap who lived on our road who raced there so Dad gave/sold the Anglia to him to race and we went down to watch

Off went the race, flying around the slag tips, bashing into each other....half a lap in he took a shunt and the entire floor fell out of the Anglia and that was that

D

Deleted member 26715

My parents had a maroon Ford Anglia when I was very young.
Me too, although ours was somewhat different, only a few years old when my father bought it, it had been owned by an elderly couple who would sit in the back seats & be driven around by the gardener/handyman/chauffeur/etc. after each journey he had to wash the car including the engine. My father claimed that you could have eaten your dinner off the engine when he bought it.

Top Bottom