One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Stumbled across this today

MarkF

Guru
Flippin boring drive again to Lincoln today, M62, M180, M18, A15 must the world's dreariest drive.

My Eunos Roadster.

IMG_20200901_121219.jpg

And 10 mins walk away down Bailgate l spotted this, tbh, l don't "get" them but it was a super clean car.

IMG_20200901_151639.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

The M180 has to be the most boring motorway anywhere

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I steer clear of politics on the forum , but I don’t mind a dispute about 1950/60’s British sports cars. My mission now is to photograph some big Healeys to stir things Up some more.

Actually I was wrong - it was a TR3 - I was thinking of the TR3A where the grill is wider. The TR2 has the same narrow grill - but the grill, if there is one is hidden a bit more

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Actually I was wrong - it was a TR3 - I was thinking of the TR3A where the grill is wider. The TR2 has the same narrow grill - but the grill, if there is one is hidden a bit more
Oh Prof I wish you had stood by your first opinion , this could have developed into bigger argument than a discussion on brexit.

tyred

Legendary Member
Yet another car that I sold for peanuts but would struggle to buy today (for a fun car). I'd like another...

The last time I saw one advertised it was priced at 12K :ohmy:

The reality is that you could easily sink that much into restoration of even a simple car if you do it properly.

tyred

Legendary Member

Spotted on today's ride. Don't know much about American cars but it's badged as a Buick Eight. I assume very late '30s or' 40s.

I wish I could have opened the door for a proper look at the beautifully detailed interior :becool:

Probably drives like a ponderous barge though!

gbb

Legendary Member
I remember that they rattled from new, I pulled mine apart and stuffed foam behind the plastic interior panels to quieten it down.
My daughter had a 206CC which she loved tbf but the rattles and bangs from it as you drove would have driven me nuts.

Top Bottom