1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for the customer services experts

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Mister Paul, 24 Sep 2007.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Legendary Member

I placed an order with a very well-known internet bike store. It was processed by them almost 2 weeks ago. All of the many orders I have placed with them over the years have arrived within 3 days, but usually next day.

The parcel hasn't come. I contacted them last week. They told me to check with the neighbours. I replied, saying that I had had the parcel sent to my parents, as there is always someone in. I confirmed that there had been no delivery, no attempted delivery, and certainly no card left.

They replied again, telling me to check with the sorting office that the parcel isn't there, as sometimes they don't leave a card.

I've just replied, reminding them of the facts that I have given them before, and also informing them that RM don't give out sorting office telephone numbers.

I also suggested that it is their responsibility to check this out, as the RM is acting for them, and that I am entitled to a refund under the Distance Selling Regulations.

Was I right in the last assertion?

Ironically enough, rather than waiting for them to sort this out, I reordered the item on Saturday, and it should be here tomorrow.

2. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

they'll surely have recorded the delivery so can say where and when it was delivered?

they can't just fire it into the void and expect it to arrive

thisis bound to be in their terms and conditios type thing on their website surely? If they're a serious online retialer then they should have clear and respectable assurances, remind them of them

is it wiggle? I'm due something from them nowish, alreadt broken into two deliveries

3. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

I've just had another email from them, telling me to check with the local sorting office.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Did you pay by credit card? If so give them a call and get the money back.

5. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

THey're starting to annoy me now. I've given them second-chances a couple of times now (?).

Last time I placed an order, Paypal took my money and gave it to them, but the store's system didn't log the order. It took two phone calls and several emails before they stopped saying that they had no record of any order. It was there, but they just didn't bother looking for it, and instead told me to approach Paypal for a refund.

And now they're telling me to sort out a failed delivery, when it's their responsibility.

This last email from them mentioned the incident and said that it was Payapl's fault. Whether or not it was, their response was less than appropriate.

I'd have gone to CRC in the first place, but they don't stock the item I was after.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

Sue.

7. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Does she work for them?

8. Maz

Maz Guru

Is there any chance postie left your parcel in the outside toilet/shed/gas meter cupboard etc...they've done this to me a couple of times before.

9. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

No. I had it sent to my parents' address, as there is always someone in and they watch their front door like a hawk. There has been no attempted delivery.

I've had another email from the store, saying that I have to contact the sorting office to check whether they have had a parcel arrive for me, have not tried to deliver it, have not left a card but are still expecting me to know about it and collect it. So I've done their donkey work for them, and managed to get hold of the sorting office.

Of course they confirmed that there is nothing there waiting for me. That would have been stupid.

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

When the post next arrives, check the postman's bike for shiny new additions.

11. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

12. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

I hadn't thought about that Bonj. Thanks.

13. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

you'll be pleased to hear that my order to wiggle on Thursday night arrived an hour ago as promised

bib longs and long sleeve top

lets hope the overshoes still to arrive won't be needed in the meantime

14. giant man

giant man New Member

Mister Paul! We need to know who this is! Please name and shame

15. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Well, after reminding them several times of my rights and their responsibilities, they've refunded my money.

It'll be a very reluctant me who goes back to them again.