One for the Girls...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
at least you girls don't have to suffer man-flu…

*fastens tin hat and ducks*

<dons own tin hat>

We do, we call it a slight sniffle....:biggrin:

Chrisz

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
It's no wonder we don't understand why women get so grouchy once a month. All the available evidence points to having the painters in being absolutely brilliant - you get to go parachuting and everything.:biggrin:

and roller skating and skiing and everything!!! :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
User76 said:
I am amazed that even after all these thousands of years of evolution, and all the months over your lives you spend having periods, you women haven't sorted out your stroppy moodiness and learnt to cope with them.

You can tell your not blokes, we would have problem solved it in 283BC:biggrin:

Of course, you started the problem solving in 2283BC. :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Yes, it's about as realistic as those adverts for Cilit bang that show burnt-on cooker grease disappearing in a single sweep with a piece of kitchen roll....

Blimey, I misread that;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Speicher said:
Of course, you started the problem solving in 2283BC. ;)

True, but a solution would have been found. They wouldn't have sat round having a coffee for 2000 years just discussing it..........they would have gone in their cave for 2000 years them came out and said "I know, I'll have a sex change". :laugh::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
ChrisKH said:
True, but a solution would have been found. They wouldn't have sat round having a coffee for 2000 years just discussing it..........they would have gone in their cave for 2000 years them came out and said "I know, I'll have a sex change". :wacko::biggrin:

Yes, that's right, men would have solved the problem by removing the relevant parts. And how long would the human race last then?;)

Rhythm Thief said:
This is very true ...
No, this is rubbish.
a) Some versions of the Pill already offer a good degree of relief from menstrual woes. Presumably Germaine Greer invented these.
;) Imagine the potential market and profits from such a product. Now try and explain why no company has bothered to invent it....

The line about 'if men had periods...' is even older than Jo Brand's earliest stand up routines and it's very annoying. If men had periods our wings would have missiles and do Mach 4. And of course women would just roll their eyes and accuse us of having 'man-blob'. :wacko:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
User76 said:
I am amazed that even after all these thousands of years of evolution, and all the months over your lives you spend having periods, you women haven't sorted out your stroppy moodiness and learnt to cope with them.
Thing is, I think women were permanently pregnant so thus rarely had periods. I'm sure I read somewhere that we're not really meant to have periods as really we should be continually gestating. What an appalling thought!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Chuffy said:
No, this is rubbish.
a) Some versions of the Pill already offer a good degree of relief from menstrual woes. Presumably Germaine Greer invented these.
:wacko: Imagine the potential market and profits from such a product. Now try and explain why no company has bothered to invent it....

Yeah, but you have to take the pill all the time, and you might not want contraception. I'm talking about a magic pill you take once a month as and when, that works better than just painkillers (which don't help with mood).

I'm not really all that hung up about it, I have it pretty easy, but it does annoy me that some men think it's all just a big laugh, when it can be really miserable. Ok, it's no fun being on the wrong end of a bad temper, but it's not much fun having a bad temper either....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Auntie Helen said:
Thing is, I think women were permanently pregnant so thus rarely had periods. I'm sure I read somewhere that we're not really meant to have periods as really we should be continually gestating. What an appalling thought!

Well, pregnant or breastfeeding, but yes, I reckon the reason periods are often painful is dear old Mother Nature saying "Now, you, you're not doing your bit, go and get pregnant...."

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the one thing i can never get my head around is why, when the real cause of a bad mood is known to be physical, it's always seen as other people being in the wrong. why are allowances for circumstances never made?

and god help us men if we state the obvious…

Arch said:
Yeah, but you have to take the pill all the time, and you might not want contraception. I'm talking about a magic pill you take once a month as and when, that works better than just painkillers (which don't help with mood).
I think the key word there is 'magic'. It's asking a hell of a lot and blaming it's non-existence on sexism is a bit simplistic to say the least.

I'm not really all that hung up about it, I have it pretty easy, but it does annoy me that some men think it's all just a big laugh, when it can be really miserable. Ok, it's no fun being on the wrong end of a bad temper, but it's not much fun having a bad temper either....
Wellllllllll, if you are a chap and live with someone who suffers badly (I don't, but I know people who do) then you are just expected to deal with it. It's her right as a woman to transform into a ragingly hormonal psycho who you have to hide the knives from (a true example), how dare you complain, you don't know what it's like etc etc.....

Relieving the frustration with a bit of comic exageration is the only outlet open sometimes.

Top Bottom