One for the Girls...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
alecstilleyedye said:
the one thing i can never get my head around is why, when the real cause of a bad mood is known to be physical, it's always seen as other people being in the wrong. why are allowances for circumstances never made?

and god help us men if we state the obvious…

Do you mean, why do women suffering from a bad mood take it out on others? I can see your point, but have you never had a headache and snapped at someone because of it?

I sometimes find myself feeling in a bad mood and recognise it, and do try to make allowances - in fact I'm most likely to just keep myself to myself and let it pass, but then I'm lucky that I can be flexible like that at the moment. More often I just get a plummet of depression - and similarly, like to be alone. But when you're inside a bad mood, you don't always realise it until you've snapped.

Arch said:
Do you mean, why do women suffering from a bad mood take it out on others? I can see your point, but have you never had a headache and snapped at someone because of it?
Speaking for myself, no, or at least I hope not. I think Alex's point was that if the snapper is female and has PMS then that 'excuses' pretty much any amount of unreasonable behaviour and it's the the snappee's fault for not knowing better or making allowances. Which isn't always fair or reasonable.

I don't really want to get into a 'birds vs blokes' scrap over this, because that would be a bit daft really. It's just that even the most modern chap sometimes feels the need to bite back, albeit gently and without actually drawing blood. :blush:

johnnyh

Veteran
Surely this just shows that we need to set up 'secure units' where the good women folk can be sent for those difficult times.
They will enjoy the peace and quiet amongst there own kind, and the men can spend the time at the pub/shooting things/watching footy/cycling/playing with gadgets etc... without any backlash or sharp objects threatening their lives :blush:

naturally these units would house the kids too! :blush:

(trench dug, sod that, nuclear bunker constructed and kevlar helmet well and truely on :biggrin:)

Chrisz

Über Member
johnnyh said:
Surely this just shows that we need to set up 'secure units' where the good women folk can be sent for those difficult times.
They will enjoy the peace and quiet amongst there own kind, and the men can spend the time at the pub/shooting things/watching footy/cycling/playing with gadgets etc... without any backlash or sharp objects threatening their lives :biggrin:

naturally these units would house the kids too! :biggrin:

(trench dug, sod that, nuclear bunker constructed and kevlar helmet well and truely on :biggrin:)

In some cultures (particularly in parts of Africa) they do exactly that :blush:

The menstruating women are sent off to live in a completely separate boma (hut) until "clear" :biggrin:

I suggested to my wife that perhaps we should follow a similar system and she should go off to Mums - I still have the teeth marks :blush:

Top Bottom