One of my worst commutes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemo

Commuter
I should start by saying in the interest of balance that normally my commute is a trouble-free and relaxing way journey that sets me up well for the day ahead.

Today however was one of my worst commutes. Firstly a p**ct*re cause by a pot hole. Oh well these things happen.

Then a bus driver performs a poor 'overtake' which leaves me blocked in by parked cars on the left. No reason for it really as he had to pull into a bus stop just 100 yds later. I stopped for a quick gesticulation and move on.

Finally, I am about 100 yds from a red light in primary position and some moton decides to start an overtake. He fails to complete this and so proceeds to just pull in, cutting me up. This is a new experience for me to be cut up 100 yds from a red light! So I obviously pull up in front of this guy and start shouting at him. He says I should be on the left. I tell him is a f***ing red light and ask him where he's going. Anyway got really wound up by this. Twas literally less than 100 yds from a red light, so did he not see it or was he just being vindictive?

Well I should try not to get wound up as I usually manage do, but today was just too much. I think it might be that I started off 20 mins later than usual and then was another 20 mins later due to the deflation, so I was right in the middle of the rush hour whereas normally Im in work by 8.

Its not always easy to do :blush: but I try to think that its better that there's one crap bus rather than 30 cars on the road; I also I try to hold back behind tw@ts like that final one; one crap overtake just leads to another or the reaction you got.

Top Bottom