One of those courses...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I went on a course today after work. Communication Skills. It was someone being assessed, using our main room, so we all got a 'free' session.

It was the usual sort of thing - I've sat through a few as a postgrad. She started off giving us a lump of playdoh each, and asking us to model something that represented how we saw ourselves as communicators.

After a bit of thought, and in desparation, I modelled a pair of lips as an open mouth, to represent 'talkative'.

Anyway, after that she got on, and we all sat there fiddling with our playdoh.

I made an elephant. When she saw it, she said it was the best model in playdoh she'd ever seen....:laugh: At the end of the session, she wouldn't take it back to squish it, so it's sitting on the office windowsill.

If I have to do any more courses like that, she's going to run out of playdoh!

buggi

Bird Saviour
it's funny what you do when you're bored. all round the office are my blue tack mice :laugh:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
buggi said:
it's funny what you do when you're bored. all round the office are my blue tack mice :smile:

They'd scare my elephant!:laugh:

I do fiddle. Leave me alone with paperclips, and they'll end up in a chain.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
And here's the heffalump... Yes, it's bright pink...

elephantplaydoh001.jpg

TVC

Wow, either you are a very talented sculptor or you spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at elephants.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
The Velvet Curtain said:
Wow, either you are a very talented sculptor or you spend an unhealthy amount of time looking at elephants.

Or both...:wacko:

I dunno about talented, it just came right. I did do a nice one once before, in plasticine. Elephants are quite good to model, they can be drawn out of a blob, and having sturdy legs they stand up well. A giraffe would have been trickier.

I do wonder sometimes, if my talent lies in modelling rather than drawing - I cna always see a picture, but never quite get it down on paper. When I was a kid, I wanted more than anything to be able to draw horses, but I always had to draw the ground in afterwards, because the legs were all different lengths.

Top Bottom