One of those Life flashing before your eyes moments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll set the scene:
This morning coming down Constitution Hill at about 20-25 mph, roads wet with the first leaves of autumn lurking around, oozing greasy, slippery muck everywhere, Various cabs /cars/bikes behind.

All of a sudden the very nice De Rosa in front looses his pump, a full sized affair. It seemed to taunt me bouncing along down the hill just in front of me threatening to imbed itself in one of my wheels. In the end I have no option that to go straight over it, trying to make myself as light as possible.

Question. Was I right to kack my pants.:blush:

100% certified brown moment.

Glad your ok.

spindrift

You know what flipping gets my heart skip a beat?

When you corner in the wet after a long dry spell and the diesel on the road has made the personhole cover into the slippiest substance known to man after Pamela Anderson's knockers with baby oil on them.

Your rear wheel flicks sideways and your heart stops, especially if a black cabbie is right up your arse and that's not racist.

Maz

Guru
joebe - did you tell him his pump had come off?
Mine came off and a following driver was kind enough to wind his window down and tell me (though I knew about it already). It's a búgger trying to retrieve one intact cos it normally ends up under the wheels of the car behind...

ChrisW

joebe said:
I'll set the scene:
This morning coming down Constitution Hill at about 20-25 mph, roads wet with the first leaves of autumn lurking around, oozing greasy, slippery muck everywhere, Various cabs /cars/bikes behind.

All of a sudden the very nice De Rosa in front looses his pump, a full sized affair. It seemed to taunt me bouncing along down the hill just in front of me threatening to imbed itself in one of my wheels. In the end I have no option that to go straight over it, trying to make myself as light as possible.

Question. Was I right to kack my pants.:blush:

Skid marks everywhere if it were me...from braking too hard of course.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bunny hop?

All I had today was one motorist coming out of a blind turning like Bodie and Doyle and after doing my instinctive manoeuvre to avoid the twat in his penis extension of a car I proceeded to tell him what I thought of him.

Also the ride back wasn't much fun either.Is it national twat week?

Tynan

Veteran
I thought you were going to end up leaning over to grab it mid bounce, catch up with the owner and hand it back

disappointed

Top Bottom