One persons word against another.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
longers said:
Just had a chat, there's no animosity but he didn't accept my offer to meet halfway to resolve it so we're now waiting for the police to come round sometime.
Not sure quite what he/she's expecting them to do about it - no proof of anything, is there? Hope it gets resolved though, you've done the best you can.

longers said:
Just had a chat, there's no animosity but he didn't accept my offer to meet halfway to resolve it so we're now waiting for the police to come round sometime.

We are talking just a number plate? No other damage?

Sounds like taking a gun to a water fight

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
longers said:

I would tell him to do one then. If you are both certain you did not do it tell him to **** off

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Or on a slight twist to Mr P's helful post, give him a tenner, wait until he replaces the number plate in question and then torch his car :smile:

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
4F said:
Or on a slight twist to Mr P's helful post, give him a tenner, wait until he replaces the number plate in question and then torch his car :smile:

;)

Out of interest I phoned a factors and it's six fifty for a new one. I didn't know you needed three forms of id to get one made.

Norm

longers said:
:biggrin:

Out of interest I phoned a factors and it's six fifty for a new one. I didn't know you needed three forms of id to get one made.
You shouldn't need three, just proof that you are who you say that you are and proof that you own or "keep" the car (for those in company / lease vehicles). A V5 and a driving licence should be more than adequate for the plate-maker to keep within the legal requirements.

Sadly, that's a piece of dumb-£**k legislation that was intended to make it more difficult to clone number plates but, in reality, it has just made it more difficult for the responsible ones to stay legal without affecting the illegal market at all.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
longers said:
we're now waiting for the police to come round sometime.
I'd be really amazed if the police got involved in a dispute over £6.50. If it wasn't you then its got nothing to do with you so let your neighbour do whatever he wants and just forget about it. Its hardly likely to go to small claims either.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think I would just pay up to get them off my back and get on better neighbourly relations with them over that amount. Though to be honest I can't imagine asking a neighbour for that amount either even if I thought that they had done it - seems strange to me.

Norm

longers said:
Does he know how little it costs?

If you've offered to meet half way, the dopey dicksplash just called in the police over a "he said, she said" discussion over £3.25.

That would earn your neighbour a "wasting police time" caution if Norm Justice ruled in this country.

summerdays said:
I think I would just pay up to get them off my back and get on better neighbourly relations with them over that amount. Though to be honest I can't imagine asking a neighbour for that amount either even if I thought that they had done it - seems strange to me.

I would not ask a neighbour for that much either. Nor would I pay for something I had not done under any circumstances.

summerdays said:

To be honest, if one of my neighbours started making a similar fuss about such a trivial event, he wouldn't be the sort of person I'd be bothered about keeping on any terms with. Especially if I knew very well I hadn't done any damage to his poxy car.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm not saying it wouldn't miff me - but for £7 I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, and agro - it wouldn't even pay for a round of drinks at the pub.

Top Bottom