One show - bike locks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
And so so cheap to buy now :-(
Exactly

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Out of interest, does bike insurance (I've never looked into it) come with a discount/caveat for 'approved' locks like home insurance?
Most bike-specific insurance I've checked comes with a caveat that a licensed lock must be used (usually Sold Secure of some colour), but many home insurance policies cover bikes up to some price with only a requirement that they be locked to a reasonably-immovable object or be properly indoors (not a shed) at a private house.

Check your policy before it becomes a problem for you.

RichardB

Slightly retro
The One Show doesn't do anything in depth!

Indeed. I like Alex Jones and think she seems to be a decent and hardworking kid, but the show is just beyond brainless. If they try to cover a serious topic, it's as superficial as Jackie or Smash Hits. The rest is all second-raters* plugging their latest book/show/CD/whatever. On a commercial station, you could ignore it as a bit of fluff, but it's our national broadcaster's main early evening programme.

And please, somebody explain why a man sings "oh arr air who?" at the end of the introductory music piece. It has baffled me since I first heard it.

* Apart from Angela Scanlon, of whom I wholeheartedly approve.

A few years ago a friend of mine was phoned by his son to say that he'd locked his bike up in a bike rack in the busy city centre but had lost the key. My friend went into town with pliers, saws etc., and after about ten minutes hard work managed to free it.

He was amazed that with the hundreds of people that passed by not one stopped to ask him anything about it.

mjr

mjr

Some good advice in there but it's also full 'o' plop! "A gold standard D-lock is essential. Stick to brands such as [difficult-warranty, clone, plasticky] or Abus. [...] Lock your bike tightly, keeping everything off the ground [...] Use your second lock to secure the front wheel to the frame. Leave your bike within eyeshot, [...] register it on [Police-free-adverts and burglar's-shopping-list] "

Chris S

Legendary Member
Top Bottom