One Small Step For Me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianbarton

Veteran
Six weeks post knee operation I want to get onto my Wahoo turbo trainer and build up my leg muscles. The problem is I can't flex my leg enough to get onto the saddle. I am looking for a small non-slip step to lift me enough to get onto the saddle. There is lots of choice on Amazon, but can anyone recommend one?

Big John

Guru
I had a cartilage op on my knee donkeys (and I mean donkeys) years ago and cycling was an everyday exercise forced upon us by the physios at the NHS rehabilitation hospital. However, only those with a 90° bend at the knee were allowed to do it. Once you're on your bike will you be able to pedal if you're unable to flex your leg enough to get on it?

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
I can flex my knee 90 degrees with no problems. The problem is getting my thigh over the saddle. If the bike wasn't on a turbo trainer I would just tilt the frame towards me.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Six weeks post knee operation I want to get onto my Wahoo turbo trainer and build up my leg muscles. The problem is I can't flex my leg enough to get onto the saddle. I am looking for a small non-slip step to lift me enough to get onto the saddle. There is lots of choice on Amazon, but can anyone recommend one?

We have one of these from Toolstation - very stable and not too high:

https://www.toolstation.com/folding-heavy-duty-step-stool/p64661

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
When I was in your predicament, I used 2 wooden dining chairs at either side of the bike on the turbo.
One chair positioned so I could get up on the piece of wood that crosses the chair's legs, the other chair so that I could grab the back rest to steady me on mounting the bike, without the bike toppling.

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
Do you have a kitchen chair you could use?

I have tried that. It sort of works. The trainer is on a floor covered in tiles and the chair can slide when I am climbing over the saddle. Also, because the chair is quite high it makes dismounting difficult.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You can always stick some sand paper to the top of the small steps sold for aerobics classes.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1954241?clickSR=slp:term:aerobic step:1:215:2

OP
OP
ianbarton

ianbarton

Veteran
Top Bottom