One whole year!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've just remembered that it's a year to the day since I bought my Marin, the first time I'd been on a bike for about a decade. No ride has ever been as tough as those seven miles home from the LBS - collapsing on a bench half way up the first hill, I was ready to sell the damn thing on eBay ... by the second hill, I would have given it away to the next person who passed, except that my lungs had enough of a job trying to breathe, let alone speak to anyone. I struggled on and eventually made it to the first proper downhill of the ride.

I've been hooked ever since. :biggrin:

I didn't get my cycle computer until April and I've done a shade under 4000 miles since then - if you told me that a year ago, I think I would have expired on the spot. 366 days ago, I was bikeless - now I've got the Marin, a roadbike, a trailer for the dog (and the strength to tow it with her in it), and even go out in public in lycra.

Ain't life grand? :becool:

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Fab - well done on your anniversary. Now you need to plan for bike number 3!!
I accept cash and paypal :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Well done Jo, amazing how these things happen.
I had no interest in cycling/bikes at all, until a conversation at work with a couple of others tempted me into giving it a go.
Got my first bike in March/April 2009 after not riding a bike for 20 years (unless you count a 2 mile ride on a 2nd hand Raleigh)
Coming up to 3 years later and I have 3 bikes and have ridden approx 10,000 miles and met some wonderful people thru this site on the forum rides. :thumbsup:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Good on yer Jo, only another two months until my first years up. Won't be tagging up a mileage of 4000 though, Well done!

OP
OP
coffeejo

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got a springy lead for her, which she loves and it's worked like a charm whenever she's done a sideways dash after a squirrel. In fact, she gets more excited about going out with the bike than she does an ordinary walk. The trailer's meant to help us go further as nine or ten miles is about her limit on foot. I just need to get myself some earplugs :rolleyes:

Top Bottom