Online banks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Chase has been rocommended a few times (and I agree that they're very good) but...

Our bank only operates in the UK
from: https://www.chase.co.uk/gb/en/support/moving-abroad/

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Isn't Chase a US based bank, going by their adverts?

They are, but have set up a separate UK operation. From that same link

But I'm moving to the US, can I keep using my Chase account there?​

Although we come from the same family as Chase in the US, we at Chase in the UK are in fact a separate bank. So if you’re moving to the US and want to bank with Chase, you’ll need to open a new account with them.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not all the new 'challenger' banks have signed up to the various customer protection schemes, usually designed to assist victims of fraud.

For example, the Lending Standards Board's list of members contains all the old names, but not so many of the newer ones.

A consideration if you are risk averse and/or have loads of dosh.

https://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/why-register/

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
We were with First Direct for quite some time - good service for sure.

We had quite a lot of money invested in their products and then came the big financial crash.

And once FD received their QE cash they no longer wanted any fresh business from 'little people' like us. Their product range dried up.

We therefore reinvested our monies elsewhere and shifted our bank a/c's to another institution as well.

Good service providers they may be but they are still a mercenary bank.

Our new banking institution is possibly equally as bad (not tested to date) but we felt better after our little 'protest'. :rolleyes:

i use Revolut who i've had little bother with
although they are just a secondary account for travel money mainly

yello

Living in France, I was in a similar position. I needed to do a pension drawdown and my pension company wouldn't transfer funds to a 'neo' bank (Wise, Revolut etc) HSBC were the only UK bank I could find that would open an account for me as a non-resident.

Top Bottom