Online Conveyancing

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
had personal experience rather than just drawing one from a hat.

Seems to me focusing too heavily on price in this matter could be a false economy.

You could wander into a couple of local estate agents and ask who they use.

That should get you a name or two of conveyancers who are at least competent.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Seems to me focusing too heavily on price in this matter could be a false economy.

You could wander into a couple of local estate agents and ask who they use.

That should get you a name or two of conveyancers who are at least competent.
True you're right, however, my father is quite frail just had 4 days in hospital, my sister who he lives with due to a burst blood vessel in her eye is unable to drive, they live 45 miles from both me & the property, they also live 15 miles from any solicitors offices. Yes I can drive over, pick them up, take them to a conveyancer & then come home all of which I am willing to do, but if there is a 'good' online one it would make life so much easier.

Buying/Selling a house although a big commitment should realistically not be anymore complicated than buying/selling any other item, yet solicitors/conveyancers seem to have been able to wrap it up in smoke & mirrors to make it as complicated as they possibly can.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Buying/Selling a house although a big commitment should realistically not be anymore complicated than buying/selling any other item, yet solicitors/conveyancers seem to have been able to wrap it up in smoke & mirrors to make it as complicated as they possibly can.

Agreed.

I was thinking that a name obtained from an estate agent local to you might well be able to do a property miles away 'online'.

As has been pointed out, all online really means in conveyancing is using the net to communicate.

Surely all conveyancers will now be doing that, to a greater or lesser extent.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I don't know hence asking for personal experience

Top Bottom