Online reviews, is there any point?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Last week I ordered a new wardrobe (on behalf of my mother) from Tesco Direct.

WHEN my OH tried to assemble it he found that lots of the pre drilled holes were in the wrong place and basically it was a pig of a job.
After several frustratin hours work he then discovered that one of the side panels was completely the wrong size.
At this point he decided to give it up as a bad job and rang rang Tesco to arrange a refund and collection who rather suspiciously didn't seem too surprised.
He then had to dpend another couple of hours dismantling what he'd already done and repackaging it.
I received a request from tesco to do a review for the product so I did one! Nothing rude, just outlined the problems etc.
They've just emailed me saying that they won't publish my review. So what's the point if they filter out the negative reviews?

Really? That's a joke. Perhaps social media could be useful here.

GGG

Regular
:laugh:From personal experience ................did he read the instructions or just put them to the side and charge on with the job?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Did they give a reason?
It said it didn't meet their community standards. Judge for yourself.

Terrible.
After spending several hours trying to put this together it became clear we had been sent the wrong parts. Returned for a refund, but pretty annoyed about the wasted time, effort and inconvenience.

andyfraser

Über Member
Let the world know on twitter and bring Tesco in on the tweets. That's what I do and suddenly some companies actually start listening.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I've whinged about Tesco on Twitter a few times and have always got a response from them. They might at least send you a link to what the "community standards" are.

Thomk

Guru
Same problem on Amazon. Had a bad experience with a marketplace seller and my very fair review was removed. They later admitted it was removed in error but insisted that it was too late to reinstate it :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
Who reads them any way? The last thing I'm going to do before buying a £2.99 flat packed wardrobe is to scour the interweb looking for reviews.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
It said it didn't meet their community standards. Judge for yourself.

Terrible.
After spending several hours trying to put this together it became clear we had been sent the wrong parts. Returned for a refund, but pretty annoyed about the wasted time, effort and inconvenience.
Do they say anywhere what 'community standards' are, or how it failed to meet them? I'm not being smartassed, I'm genuinely curious. On the face of it it does look like blatant bullcrap. Personally I'm always impressed to see negative reviews on companies' own websites - and you do see them. It makes me trust the positive ones far more.

U

User6179

My favourite review for Helmet polish-http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muc-Off-MOX-207-Muc-Off-Helmet/dp/B003FVIYRW

I like to use my helmet when taking my wife up the dirt path. This gives us both a great deal of pleasure. However, it usually leaves my helmet looking rather brown and muddy.
Personally, I am not too fussed about how clean and shiny my helmet looks, but my wife insists that my helmet is always gleaming before she will let me take her for a ride. In fact, she's so obsessed with men having clean helmets that she will often polish my friends helmets whenever they come round.
Recently my wife purchased some of this helmet polish and I must say that I am quite impressed with the results! Thanks to my wife whenever I take her for a ride my helmet is always as shiny as a freshly polished bell.
I am not the only one who is impressed! I often return from work to find my wife polishing one of my friends helmets. It's something that she enjoys doing and thanks to this product it makes her job a lot easier.

My favourite review for Helmet polish-http://www.amazon.co.uk/Muc-Off-MOX-207-Muc-Off-Helmet/dp/B003FVIYRW

I like to use my helmet when taking my wife up the dirt path. This gives us both a great deal of pleasure. However, it usually leaves my helmet looking rather brown and muddy.
Personally, I am not too fussed about how clean and shiny my helmet looks, but my wife insists that my helmet is always gleaming before she will let me take her for a ride. In fact, she's so obsessed with men having clean helmets that she will often polish my friends helmets whenever they come round.
Recently my wife purchased some of this helmet polish and I must say that I am quite impressed with the results! Thanks to my wife whenever I take her for a ride my helmet is always as shiny as a freshly polished bell.
I am not the only one who is impressed! I often return from work to find my wife polishing one of my friends helmets. It's something that she enjoys doing and thanks to this product it makes her job a lot easier.

I've just clicked "yes" on "was this review helpful" :okay:

Top Bottom