Online spinning apps/sites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tastley87

Hi,

Although a newbie to this site, I have cycled for a few years. However, I had never sat on a spinning bike until January this year when I utilised 3 months' free gym membership at my wedding venue and I thought it was brilliant! I didn't join in with any classes, but used a standalone bike which had a TV screen in front of it and had loads of classes you could select from Team ICG.

Last weekend I purchased my own indoor spinning bike and I am now just hoping that some of you can recommend some apps/websites where you can download/stream spinning classes.
I have watched some of the free ones on YouTube and I am not as impressed as I was with the Team ICG ones that were in the gym, and was hoping some of you may have some good experiences with sites/apps out there to help me?

Thanks a lot

barongreenback

Über Member
Have you tried the GCN videos? There's a playlist of various ones that can easily be adapted to a spinning bike (often use them when I'm travelling and staying in hotels).

OP
OP
T

tastley87

Thanks for the responses - I am relatively fit so looking for some challenging classes, whereas my wife has never sat on a spinning bike before (but does cycle) so some beginners ones would be good to get her used to how spinning works

BurningLegs

Veteran
I would second the GCN recommendation - they're free and there are a few to choose from.

I used to use the Team ICG platform when I used a gym. I used to use the "coach" mode where it was you and a virtual instructor. I am not familiar with anything similar to that on YouTube if that's what you're looking for.

groundy74

I'm looking at joining a gym this week to make use of the spinning classes. Been cycling for a year or two but not very fit at the moment and hoping to shed some pounds over the winter with a view to taking the cycling more serious from early new year especially as I am riding the London 100 in July.

Is spinning a good alternative to getting out on the bike as I struggle with motivation once the dark mornings come around!!

postman

Legendary Member
GCN videos from me also,mind you at my age i cannot do the speed at the moment.I like my turbo as i have said on here many times.Did 20 mins this morning.

Jimidh

Veteran
I'm looking at joining a gym this week to make use of the spinning classes. Been cycling for a year or two but not very fit at the moment and hoping to shed some pounds over the winter with a view to taking the cycling more serious from early new year especially as I am riding the London 100 in July.

Is spinning a good alternative to getting out on the bike as I struggle with motivation once the dark mornings come around!!
If you find the right spin class then yes they can be a good addition to your training but you might be better off using a turbo in conjunction with a structured programme.

Top Bottom