Only 100 cod left in the North Sea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I laughed my a$$ off at this, all my conservation friends totally raving on FB about cod.
i pointed out there were nicer fish in the sea anyways and that its likely not even remotely the truth.
guess i was right.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Excellent, just shows how people can misunderstand facts..

Fact of the Day: In Viking times, cod grew up to 6 foot long. Imagine that on chips!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Miss A_T had wolf fish in an Endinburgh restaurant on Saturday. It was tasty but back home we discovered it's on the endangered species from deep trawl over-fishing as a by-catch.
It is an ugly fish mind...

green1

Über Member
Miss A_T had wolf fish in an Endinburgh restaurant on Saturday. It was tasty but back home we discovered it's on the endangered species from deep trawl over-fishing as a by-catch.
It is an ugly fish mind...
Horrible things, teeth like scalpels.

(or How Times Journo Massively Oversimplified a Complicated Issue to Create Possibly the Most Inaccurate Headline Ever)

Watch what you say on here - if you dare to comment or criticise a newspaper report that is in any way linked to the environment you will be branded a climate change denier and get bombarded with abuse. ^_^
I agree with whatever the Guardian says on it!!

Maz

Guru
Now pronounced "Find Us"
176089.jpg

ohnovino

Large Member
I love the way The Times don't call it a mistake, they say it's an "over-simplification". So it's the readers' fault for being so dim-witted as to need a simplification in the first place, and if the readers where smarter then journalists wouldn't be forced to make so many mistakes.

Herr-B

I'm from Grimsby, I've known how bad the cod state is for years, and how there are actually nicer fish around. You'll be hard pressed to find a chippy selling cod around here, it's all haddock. If I have to have a white fish for a recipe it'll usually be Hake from NZ - I know that isn't very eco having to transport it, but it's better tasting than some alternative fish and not too expensive. Basa is another I'll go for, it also goes by the name River Cobbler. All found at your local Morrison's fish counter.

Whilst I'm here, have you all added your name to the fish fight list? www.fishfight.net Your fish need you. :thumbsup:

Herr-B

Anytime, barramundi. No need to carp on about it - I'm just being koi.

Thanks, ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week. :whistle:

Top Bottom